Heist

A/N: Shucks, sorry for the long delay. I had lots of homework and EYYYY IM WILLING TO BET I MADE A NEW RECORD IN MY SCHOOL FOR DRAWING 1000 POSE FIGURES IN 4 DAYS WITH LESS THAN 20 PAGES ASFGHJKL but that's only for one subject and i still have more hw to do;;;

Summary of previous chapters:

- Nezu is sus of you, and so is Aizawa

- You plan on training Shinsou with Kaminari and Ashido

- Yall are looking for new apartments to live in—teams are divided; you and Sasuke, and Kakashi is left with Naruto and Sakura

- Sasuke showed you Shisui's eye and he finally allows you to poke him on the forehead-- all Team 7 kiddies finally received the forehead poke!!

Anyway, now thats settled, enjoy!!

~*~*~

"I know I'm in no place to ask anything of you, but should you accept, please spare her from any more heartbreaks."

Itachi's last request rang at the back of Sasuke's head, reminding him of why he didn't pursue to kill the five Kages while they were trapped in their Tsukuyomi cocoons, why he chose to repent and return to Konoha without much fuss, and why he recently made his amends with you. If that was his brother's last wish, then so be it.

It's not like he's entirely opposed to it, anyway.

In his wandering rogue days, he missed you. During his life within Konohagakure, you were his only constant-- from childhood, pre-massacre, post-massacre, and then there's now the present. Hopefully, you're in his future too; he'll fight tooth and nail for that to be guaranteed.

You were the only living person left of his clan, other than himself. Sure, you two were not related by blood-- far from it, really, with your branch's... unique family tree-- but clanmates are clanmates. It's not the chakra, the blood, nor even the dojutsu that labels one as an Uchiha, but the ties formed within the clan that earned the Uchiha name. After all, the Uchiha were known for love, and that, in itself, should be unconditional-- adopted, intermarried, it doesn't (shouldn't) matter. Unfortunately, that value was lost in time with how the elders obsessed over the preservation of their kekkei genkai for the next generations.

Still, while guilt and regret of his past mistakes continued to gnaw his conscience, at least he's actively doing something to redeem himself in order to lessen them. Eventually, they will disappear, and he would finally have his peace of mind.

He will move on, and let the dead rest in peace.

"Alright, so far we have three apartments in mind, and I'm preferring the one with one master bedroom and two guestrooms. What do you think?" You asked him, while looking over your list in a small piece of paper.

"Hn," Sasuke couldn't actually care any less; as long as Team 7 is with him, does it really matter where they stay?

"Thank you for your insightful input, Sasu-cakes," You snorted, as he only brazenly smirked at your sarcastic remark, and then realized that you just used his nickname that he hasn't heard since the massacre.

You're already this comfortable with him, huh? That's... relieving.

It's as if he never left.

"Hm, seems like we've reached the edge of the city. The forest here is denser than the parks," You thought aloud, to which Sasuke observed where you directed your sight at. Standing on an average-sized building, the structure's height didn't really help you much on overseeing the area, as there were a lot of taller infrastructures obscuring the view. Although, jumping from rooftop to rooftop made it unnecessary, as the both of you had your fair share of sightseeing during your travel. You two didn't really have much trouble familiarizing yourselves to the district.