Enter: Uchiha and Hatake

A/N: The Naruto timeline is after the 4th Shinobi War. I know that Kakashi lost his sharingan to Madara, but for the sake of plot convenience, let's pretend he found a way to recover it lmao. Also, Tsunade is still hokage, since Kakashi is still able to use his sharingan for the village. In this fic, Sasuke has still yet to leave for his redemption; so for a while, he's still in Konohagakure.

~*~*~

When a kamui portal opened by the entrance of Konoha's hospital, all high ranking ninjas within the area were alerted by the sudden influx of strong chakra, and by protocol, they were to investigate the source. However, as quickly as the inundation of chakra appeared, it disappeared, which made the guards on-duty think that the supposed invaders quickly hid their chakra the moment they arrived.

Once the jounins reached where they believed the source of the nauseating chakra once came from, swarms of nurses have blocked their sight upon their supposed targets, which surprisingly happened to be a battered Kakashi Hatake and a bloodied (Y/n) Uchiha.

They immediately called for Tsunade and Sakura.

...

When two of Konoha's greatest medical-nins saw the state of their friends, they didn't waste time to try and alleviate the situation and lessen the fatality of the two jounins' injuries. Tsunade worked on Kakashi; Sakura worked on you.

The pinkette was subtly panicking, seeing that her admirable mentor's torso is filled with holes-- impalement, and then sudden removal. The attacker was aiming for an instant kill, and if that intended attack hadn't killed you, bleeding to death would surely do. It's a wonder how you're still alive, despite your fatal injuries. You had worse, she supposed-- your faded scars being the physical proof of that. Nevertheless, she was glad that Kakashi-sensei used his kamui on time, otherwise Sasuke would've truly been the last Uchiha.

And with Sasuke on his way to redemption, he can't lose you.

Mentally preparing herself, the current number one medic-nin easily made count of how many puncture wounds you had; checking for bruises would be her last priority, as they aren't as life-threatening.

If Sakura wasn't trained to control her unease when seeing blood, she wouldn't have examined your body for any invading nuisance that may hinder your body's healing, and straight up mended your flesh. She was better than that. You're one of the people that helped her to be better, after all. In fact, you were the first. What insult would it be to you if Sakura didn't apply your training.

But there's a reason why doctors or surgeons don't normally operate on patients who are either friends or family. Emotional sabotage is a very human mistake, and it's her first time to see family in such condition.

Picking up stray splinters swiftly from your open wounds with her tweezers, she simultaneously healed you with the familiar glow of her green chakra, making sure that you wouldn't bleed out during the process. Based on the collected wood pieces, the assaulter either had wooden weapons or they might have been a wood style user. The former seemed a lot probable, knowing that wood style users are incredibly rare, with Yamato and Orochimaru being the only current known shinobi to be capable of it.

Whoever your targets were, to damage you and Kakashi like this, must be of a high threat level.

After healing her physical injuries, Sakura thought. I'll check her chakra coils next.

...

Tsunade was somewhat relieved that Kakashi's physical wounds weren't as mortal as they seemed to be. The blood just made him look worse than he supposedly was; guessing that most of the blood came from you. Majority were bruises, some few scratches and gashes, but nothing too close to the vital organs; nothing the sannin couldn't heal.