Ch. 60- Stand by Me

Start from the beginning

"Then can I get a frozen baja blast?" Sero's eyebrows wiggled and I let out the most exasperated sigh I could.

"I SUPPOSE YOU COULD,,, you children are gonna run my wallet dry." I pinch his cheeks like I'm some sort of overbearing aunt visiting for Christmas.

He was broken into a cold sweat.

These poor kids.

I can still tell what they're thinking, too. The guilt written on their faces screamed volumes towards me. They felt bad for leaving, for sneaking out and knowing people will worry once they notice, if our friends find out that we were all on a life-threatening mission, even thinking of getting other people involved, no matter how good their quirks would be for the job, made us all sick to our stomachs. We took on this responsibility for seemingly no reason, we might as well be the stupidest bitches alive.

And goddammit do we own it.

"Denki, you said this was the place right?"

"...what place this is an empty parking lot in the middle of nowhere."

And I was right. We were sat at a bench across the street of said lot to keep from looking suspicious, only occasionally glancing kver our shoulders to get a look at the presumably inconspicuous parking lot.

Sero just shrugs at me, not really knowing either. But Kaminari provided quick reassurance.

"Yes. I'm sure of it. You do realize where we are right?"

Sero and I took a look around the lot. The gravel was pitch black, lines of each parking space a pure white, separating stone ledges free of any chips or plants growing inside of them, and no building this could really belong to in sight.

This was a new lot.

"Uhhh... it looks familiar, I guess?" Sero shrugs while looking around.

"One of the old Shie Hassaikai buildings were torn down here and replaced not too long ago. The weird thing is... the company that did it wasn't registered as any professional construction business... local heroes did some digging, and it turns out that the people who did it were close friends with the Hassaikai." You could hear the gears in Sero's brain click together after Kaminari was finished explaining.

"You think they covered a new base here?"

"Yes. 100%. I can feel the electrical waves flowing from under the ground of all the appliances in the building working."

"All right, we believe you. So what do we do?" I said and both Sero and I stared at him expectantly, he looked almost flustered under the pressure.

"Uhhh... Sero, how much control do you have over your tape?"

"I mean.. I can bend it to my will if that's what you're asking"

"Perfect... I think there's an elevator that leads down to the building itself, I'll be sticking these," he takes out two metal rods. "into the ground and see if I can find their largest power source and maybe shut it down. Touya, as the one with the the overall strongest quirk here, I'm gonna have you look out for the both of us in case anyone catches us and tries to put a stop to it, Sero you're gonna control your tape to cover every security camera in the area," he passes him a paper, "I tried to write them down here for you, but it's probably pretty unclear."