Prologue

NOTE: This story is completely fan-made and not to be considered official in regard to original works.

CAUTION: This fanfic contains content that may NOT be intended for younger readers. The author specified this due to references of violence, gore, language/profanity, and scary/suggestive themes. As such, it is highly recommended that readers of age 14+ can read this story.

The White Wizard Mel has seen another flashback of his past. He remembers his mentor Grandeur, a spotless white poodle that has been around, serving as his greatest mentor. He remembers Grandeur’s final words, the very words spoken before his dreadful death. He remembers seeing Grandeur for the last time, but not in a pleasing way. The dog’s neck was etched with deep bleeding scars, his indigo scarf was stained with the crimson mess, and his glasses were shattered. There was also a large dark blade that was plunged into the center of its once-white chest. The loss of blood had made the dog weary.

“Mel, I have had a dream. I have never dreamed like this ever in my life. I dreamed of the Bright Empire in ruins; scattered, smoldered, and obliterated. The other Kingdoms were slowly succumbing. It came to pass exactly as I dreamed. On my knees I beg you, listen! For I have seen such terror in my vision. I have also heard a voice. It said that it will erase this pointless Kingdom and move on to the next.” Sobbed Grandeur. “I am at the end of my life. There is nothing I can do about it.”

Anger at the unknown evil made the Wizard’s temperature slightly rise. He clenched his hands into fists and took out his wand.

“What or who is it!? Tell me, and my siblings and I shall destroy this threat and restore the light this very Kingdom deserves! Now tell me!!! Where has that threat come from!?” Beads of tears were forming in Mel’s eyes. The Wizard grabbed the poodle by his shoulders and started shaking him. More blood dropped from his nose and mouth and onto the cold floor.

“Now, now. I’m sure that there is no need for violence, why not we settle over a nice cup of your favorite tea with some mer-”

“Enough with your games Grandeur! Stop hesitating and name the threat!” Mel cried. Warm tears started rolling down his cheeks, dripping off his chin like a roof on a rainy night. Grandeur used his remaining strength to lift himself up and whisper in Mel’s ear.

“Your own brother. Don’t tell anybody in the entire Kingdom of Fantasy I said this. It will be OUR little secret.” 

The confused and frustrated Wizard felt as if all the air was to leave his body as Grandeur dropped himself onto the floor. He was cold and dead now. More tears fell from Mel’s eyes as he kneeled onto the floor beside his deceased mentor, holding him in his arms. This must have been another dream.