Chapter 10

Nates POV
She was adorable when she sleeps. She fell asleep in my arms when I worked on some documents. I had to plan something against that filthy Rogue. But I was looking the whole time at her and was really not focussing on work anymore after a while. I brought us to bed. She was still sleeping soundly in my arms. Stirring sometimes. I looked down multiple times I did not want to wake her. A week ago when she walked away from me and then being attacked by rogues it was my fault. I felt the guilt. But I was curious. What Happened to her in the past. She never really talked about it. I laid her carefully on the bed and got in myself. I found myself starring at her.

I don't know what  but one thing I knew is that she got hurt. There is no excuse for that. The pack counts on me for keeping her safe, for keeping them safe. I am the alpha. I have disappointed my pack by not protecting there Luna. She said she did not want to be a Luna but when I see her around the pack members and protecting my members she does not realize that she is in fact acting like a Luna already. I hope in the future she will protect my pack and not only me. I hope for that day to come. With that on my mind, I fell asleep wrapping my arms around my mate. My past, present, and future. I will protect you until the last breath I take. 

The next day
I felt stirring next to me. I shot up and looked at Sky. I looked down and I kissed her lips. ''Good morning beautiful.''

''Good morning alpha'' she smiled as she said that. I instantly smiled and loved it when she called me alpha or even when she said my name, I went weak every time.

''So, alpha any plans for today?'' Sky said.

'Alpha we need to plan an attack' Collin blurted in the mind-link. Leave it to Collin to disrupt my happiness.

I looked up at Sky ''Sorry, princess I need to plan an attack on  Bastian. You know the rogue from the note. '' I mind linked Collin back to wait for me in the office, Sky looked pissed. What was that? Yesterday when she grabbed the note and read it, it was the same reaction? She was really quiet when you even mention the name. What was it? The words Bastian and past were words that changed her mood. She doesn't want to talk about it and always avoiding the topic. Does she not know by now that she can trust me?

''Ohh, that guy. Can I help?'' She suddenly said. ''If you want? Come with me, Collin is already waiting for me in my office.'' I told her. She got up stretching and got her clothing. I did the same. Grabbing my clothing. She went into the bathroom. I was wondering if she ever thought of me marking her? I really want to know what is under those clothes of her. Damn, I think if I knew I wouldn't even thinking of leaving this bed ever again. The door opened and she came out.

''You pervert, I know what your thinking, Weirdo.'' She said.
''Take it as a compliment princess.'' I winked and went downstairs with her on my tail. We go to the kitchen grabbed something quickly and went to my office.

''Collin, morning.'' Skylar said.
''Alpha, Luna'' he bowed his head towards us. Gary and Dan were also there. Time to get my hands dirty.

Skylar's POV
4 hours werewolves are crazy. 4 hours of debating what was better and what was the absolute worse. I just got out of there the more I was in that room the more stares I got when the name Bastian was heard. I never told them about my life before Stephan and Becky and wanted to keep it that way. Years of hunting rogues befriending then, living with them and training with them. I knew a few rogues under humans. They just wanted a normal life. Also, I knew a few hunters. When you go places you meet people.

My obsession became less and less with the day but now went full on after that meeting. I hated how HE made me feel. Revenge is what I was after. It is still what I want after all these years. But I finally have a place to call home again. It felt like home. Stephan and Becky felt like a place I could stay but here it is different.

''Luna, alpha Nate wants to talk to you.'' I nodded and walked back towards the office. I opened the door and closed it behind me. 

'I can't wrap my head around it. Bastian is a name when mentioned you change? Your eyes, your posture, your mood? What is it? Tell me?' Nate suddenly said, almost pleaded. He looked in my direction. I stopped in my tracks. Not moving. I just shoved it away. Where did that come from?
''Nate, somethings are not worth mentioning.'' I turned around to open the door again.

''Don't you walk away from this. We need to talk about it eventually. Sky, I want to help you. Whatever it is I am here for you.'' I felt a tear coming. I felt the warmth of the water sliding at my cheek. I cried one thing I haven't done in a long time.
''Princess look at me.'' He was walking towards me. I heard his footsteps coming closer.

''Stop, please.'' I turned towards him. Crying, tears streaming down my cheeks I could not control it. I just had to tell him.

''You want to know it so badly. I had a life before Stephan and Becky came around. I had friends, a best friend. She was a werewolf. She learned me everything there is. She got me through the death of my bio parents. She was my rock. To be honest I loved her. I loved her from the moon and back. She was my first love when I laid my eyes on her the first time I saw her. I would do anything for her. But she was killed, her whole pack was killed and ever since, I have been wanting revenge for my love. For my family'' That was it. I loved her. Melanie was my first love. She was not my mate I know but deep down I thought maybe just maybe she loves me the way I loved her. She was my everything. I looked at Nate with teary eyes. He stood there with a blank expression.

''Nate, I loved her but I like you too. I really do. Because of you, I learned to love again. But there is one thing I have to do to let her go. I would not forgive myself if I didn't. I have to get my revenge. Bastian killed everything I was. He killed MY past, present, and future.'' I sobbed. Nate hugged me.

''It's okay if you loved someone before me. I will get you your revenge. So, that you can find peace and close this chapter. That is my promise to you.'' He said firmly. He hugged me tighter not letting me go. Not wanting to let me go. I thought he would run if he knew the truth. But he stayed. I felt free, I felt new, I felt better. I looked up at him kissing him on the lips.

''Thank you for understanding.'' I hugged him I wanted to be closer to him, let him comfort me. We stood there for 15 minutes. Until we let go.