Chapter 4

I had to go back. My mom was nagging me nonstop because she missed me. I was gone for 6 months in total. Stephan was beginning to feel better already. He was an alpha of course and that in just a few hours. Alpha's heal much quicker than regular wolves did. The other alpha we rescued was picked up by his Beta Collin right away. He told us that there Alpha, Nate, was captured by rogues when he was out for a run. They have been looking for him for 2 weeks now and have not got anywhere close to finding him.

Becky told me Alpha Nate was supposed to be a badass alpha, killing rogues was his sport, he loved the hunt. He was ruthless to rogues and caring for his pack. He was looking for his mate for over 8 years now and still did not find her.

The mate of an Alpha, Luna, is the strongest person in a pack. Not because she is strong but because she is the only one to control the alpha. Mates, and especially alphas are very protective of their mates. They will do anything. When an alpha finds his mate this will only make the pack stronger.
At the age of 16, you can smell them and find your mate. It is usually within a pack itself.
That is what Melanie told me.

Nate sounds like a pretty decent guy to me. After saying my goodbyes to everyone and a thank you from Collin, Nate's beta I went my way. I was not done yet with my search. My plan was simple; go to my mom's house that was a few hours away. I packed my bags beforehand. I went to my assigned room in the Silver moon packhouse. I picked up the bags and went to my car.

'Sky!' I heard behind me. I turned around and Stephan came running jogging to me.

'Are you mad? You are wounded you have to be in bed.'
'Don't tell Becky I had to say goodbye too.'
'You just did that waffles.' I stared at me but let it slide and didn't say anything.

'Be careful okay.' He hugged me and let me go. He mouthed and I love you and a thank you as I got into my car and drove off.

Nate's POV
2 weeks I have been in that place. When I heard that door breaking I was shocked and more shocked when my eyes met a girl. I felt it, smelled it, she was my mate. The mate I was looking for, for 8 years. 'Mate, mate' my wolf said. He was overjoyed. She watched me and then focused on the guards. OMG, she is going to get herself killed. I was too weak.

The wolfsbane had spread to my spine and moving was no option I watched as my mate. Killed the guys? I was in utter disbelief. My mate was a fighter? But she is human? How did she even know, OMG she is a hunter! She is going to kill me.

But 'Why is she here, then.' My wolf snapped at me. Hunters are very dangerous. They believe wolves want to kill humans. They don't care if it's a rogue or a pack wolf. Knowing that I am chuckled I can't do anything. I was too weak. Maybe not the best moment. But she was stunning. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and to be fair I had experience in that field.

I watched her every move scared and admiration was the emotions I had. When the guards stormed at her she twisted their necks? The way she did it she was experienced. She was beautiful with everything she did. What has gotten into me?

'You love her' My wolf said. She is very beautiful. I could not take my eyes off her. I thought that after 8 years I would be happy. Now I am praying my mate won't kill me. My mate is a hunter. But to my surprise, she is searching them? That's weird. Then she held a key in her hands and came over to me.

She unshackled me and said 'Can you stand for me, I can not carry you.'

She was not going to kill me? She looked into my eyes.
Green, it was like I could see my past, present, and future in those eyes.

I wanted to say something when she covered my mouth and said 'Spare your strength alpha' Sparks, sparks everywhere. I loved the feeling when she touched me.

She threw my arm around her shoulder. She was smaller than me. Maybe by 1 foot. We walked the familiar way for me only when we stopped at the cells we went a staircase up and then outside. 2 weeks I have not seen and breathed the outside air. But I could not be bothered more because I was held by my mate. My everything. I knew her 5 minutes but it felt like a lifetime already. I wanted to hug her and never let her go. We walked towards cars with the engines on and before I knew we drove off. I wanted to look at her sitting next to me. But I was too weak from the wolfbane that was still in my system. I closed my eyes in protest and that is all I can remember. My mate saved me. I stared at her beautiful dark bruin hair and darkness consumed me.