Chapter 7

Nate's POV
Green eyes I thought I would never see them again. 'Mate' I breathed out. My wolf was ecstatic. 'Mate'. I looked at her. She saved me. She is just like I remembered. Beautiful in every way. I could only see her silhouette but it was beautiful. Collin stood next to me.

'Open the cell right away NOW' Collin yelled at Dan. I watched as Dan opened the cell door. I barged into the cell. She was looking awful the more I came close to her. There was dried up blood on her shirt and werewolf claws on her body. I wanted to hug her but she backed away.

'I will not harm you, trust me'. She looked into my eyes. I couldn't look away. 'Skylar trust me, I will be the last person to ever hurt you.' I said to her in full honesty.

She looked at me. 'How do you know my name?'

'How can I forget the person who saved me, Beautiful.' I definitely saw a smile there. She looked at me. I admired her. She will be a great Luna, making us stronger than before. I picked her up bridal style and walked with her to my house. She clamped at my shirt as if she was afraid I would leave her or drop her. I would never leave her alone again. I walked up to my house. I live separately from the rest of the pack. I really like the quiet. I am not shy but sometimes it was too busy and noisy. Skylar didn't say a thing the whole time.

Collin asked for the pack doctor to attend to her wounds in the nursery in my house. She didn't protest the whole time. Letting everything sink in. It must be a shock to her. She is human and has a mate. That doesn't happen often in the werewolf world. I laid her in the bed and when the doctor came we had to go to the hallway. Because I was constantly growling at the doc. I looked at Collin and then at Dan. My anger releasing.

'How could you hurt my mate!' I had him against the wall. He was scared I could smell and see it in his eyes. He didn't say a thing.

'ahhh' I heard from the other room. I kicked the door open.

'What are you doing hurting my mate!' I yelled and went to stand next to the bed ready to attack the doctor. I saw black until I felt sparks on my arm. I looked down.

'It's okay, I am fine.' I looked into her green eyes. 'Are you sure you are okay?'

 'Yeah, I am fine thank you. Will you please give me some food? I am starving.' Of course stupid she hasn't eaten properly for days.

'I will be right back.' I said to her. I was in the kitchen when I heard another scream I rushed over. Skylar was lying on the ground. The doctor helping her up.

'You can not stand yet Luna. You are too weak you have to rest.'
'Yeah yeah,' She just waved it off and stood again only to fall again. But this time on the edge of the bed. I looked at her with my hands on either shoulder of her.

'You, little one, should rest. I will get you your meal and then it's bedtime.'

'You know I am not a child.' She raised an eyebrow at me. Sassy much I was just trying to help. But I just could not help myself and my eyes darted to her lips.

 'Eyes are up here.' She poked two fingers in my side. 'Aww, I am dying, help me, I am .....' I faked falling on the floor and she just looked at me and smiled.

'So, you are a weirdo I knew it.' She laughed at me.
'I am not.' I stood up dusted myself off. I just looked at her and smiled from ear to ear. Everything to see that smile, I thought to myself.

'uh alpha sorry to bother but I think something is burning in the kitchen.' Collin intervened. 'Shit' I rushed to the kitchen.

Skylar's POV
He rushed out of the room. That guy is really something. I could not help but smile at the thought of him. I looked up to see Collin with that girl that always gave me food behind him.

 'Hey, I am Jennifer. Sorry, for meeting the way we did. Luna.' Her head bowing tome and so did Collin.

 'It's not a problem I have had worse.' Collin tensed next to her. I think he didn't like to hear that. Alpha's but also a pack is protective over thereLuna and me being a human I think they are more protective of me. I snapped out of my thought and looked up at Jennifer and smiled.

 'So, Jennifer nice to meet you.' I reached out with my hand for a handshake.
She took it. 'Likewise' She answered.

2 days later
2 days with this bunch of nitwits. They are goofy, funny, and very impractical sometimes. I did not expect this from a pack that was one of the strongest and feared ones around. I loved it here. I begin to feel at home. But I kept my distance. I know Nate is my mate and he told me multiple times he loved me. But I don't feel the same way he does. I hoped that I did because he was sweet, caring, and loving. He said that I was his past, present, and future and then I said.

'I didn't even know you 2 days ago.' He just laughed it off but it was true, right?

I could walk around now. Not fully healed but I was getting there step by step. The doctor was really nice to me. Being careful all the time. Also because Nate was watching his every move. Stephan and Becky called a few times. We are going to meet up soon. They knew about Nate being my mate but did not care to tell me. I was angry at first but already forgive them 1 day later.

Currently, I am walking in the yard seeing different werewolves staring at me. Bowing their heads at me. They don't even know who am I but still have the utmost respect for me. And I felt I did not deserve one bit of it. I was awkwardly walking when...

'Skylar!' I heard a girl yell. I turned around. It was Hèlen. She ran towards me and tackling me to the ground, hugging me. 'I was wondering when you come to visit me' I said and hugged her back.

'I am sorry I was not allowed. Are you going to be our Luna?' She said smiling at me. I was speechless about what to say about that.

'Honey, what are you doing! SorryLuna I am so sorry. She kept talking about you for a few days now.' I smiled at her mother. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

'No, problem. But in the Silver Moon pack, I was very dangerous. Some people didn't want to get near me.' The mother was confused and afraid, she even slightly stepped back.

'I was the tickling monster.' I yelled evilly as I ran after Hèlen who ran away smiling and laughing. 'NOOO,' She screamed. She was running until I grabbed her.

'Moeeehhhhhaaaahhh, I will tickle you until you say I am amazing.' She laughed and the tickling started.

'You are amazing Luna.' She laughed.

'Wow, that was quick.' I said to her. She looked at me and then at her mom. I hugged Hèlen and waved goodbye to her. It was her napping time her mom said.

Jennifer came to me. 'You are great with kids. I think you will be a wonderful mother.'
Wow, that is so cliché. You tickle one child and you are a fit mother. She looked at me seriously.

'Sky, we have an important mission to accomplish. Tomorrow you will be presented to the pack and you need a dress. You cannot wear my clothes forever you know.' Wow wow wow meeting the pack? What was she blabbing about?

 'Meeting what pack where, when?' I asked confused.

'Didn't Nate tell you? He wants to introduce you to the pack tomorrow?' That goofy, shit face. I stormed away. I cannot meet a pack. You must be crazy! I am not ready who said I wanted to be there Luna? Who said I will be here forever? Nate is my mate but that doesn't give him the right to make decisions for me.

I slammed the office door open. 'YOU' I looked Nate straight in the eyes. He was confused, to say the least.

'Yess you shit face. How dare you not even tell me. Did you forget? Are you really that stupid?' He was confused really confused. I yelled and pointed my finger towards him.

'Uhhhm what are you talking about' He said with an innocent voice.

'Nate, nate nate. You are going to introduce me to your pack tomorrow? Who said I wanted to be introduced. Who said I wanted to be in a pack in the first place. Who said I wanted to be a Luna!' I shouted by now. I was angry really angry. He stood up shocked at my words. I realized what I said. I meant it but did not want it to say out loud.

'I am not fit to be a Luna Nate. I am sorry.' I ran to the door. I am sorry Nate. I did not glance back. I heard a growl so loud it could be heard from miles and miles away.

I heard footsteps behind me. Paws behind me. I did not look back. I was tackled. I was waiting for the impact that never came. I opened my eyes to meet bruin ones. I was on top of him. He broke the fall turning us around in the process so he got hurt instead.

 'Are you crazy, really! Why would you run away! I love you.' He was hurt. His eyes showed. 'Nate I am a human, not fit for pack material.' I looked away avoiding his gaze on me.

'You don't have to be perfect. I just want you. If you don't want to be a Luna. I will choose to step down as alpha.' I looked at him choked he would step down willingly for me? Alpha's were too proud. A position was everything in a pack. Respect was taught from a young age. I have seen it at Melanie's pack.

'You really would?' I asked.

'Yes, everything so you don't run away. I want to be with you. Sky, your past, present, and future remember?' His eyes. My eyes shifted to his lips. I forget everything and I just kissed him. I don't know what happened I could not think. I really really like him. And I would not want to trade him for anything.

The kiss was magical. Sparks, little explosions. It was heaven. We parted breathing heavenly. 'I am sorry, but I hate you now.'

'Why, what have I done wrong.' I said serious-looking up to him.

'I hate you because now I have to go shopping with Jennifer and trust me she had that look in her eyes. That even would make you afraid.' He laughed at my words and I smiled at him.

The mood changed my mood changed. I was giving a choice. But what about my promise to Melanie to my obsession. To be honest I did not think about Bastian anymore. I never did for these 3 days until now. Things were getting serious between Nate and me I like him so much. I was at a crossroads and whichever path I took I always wanted to be with him. Nate. He was my past, present, and future. But I needed closure from my past and getting revenge is, is what I want right?