Chapter 16:Withdrawal

NOTE to read before reading chapter: Long story short, I procrastinated last week (on school work) and spent the entire rest of the day writing my fanfic. As a result, i have written TWO chapters and will be updating them :3 Right now, I'm a little stuck on chapter 18 since I'm going into more depth on how the bad guy will be like (what powers they have, what their goals are, note that I have not mentioned a gender yet which is why I'm using 'they') I'm not very good at this type of stuff tbh so bear with me XD Anways, I've decided to update these now to keep you busy while you wait. At the same time, my "Flower of Youth" fanfic will probably be updating a chapter soon!! I am very tempted on making the fanfic entirely about the juniors, though personally, I think writing Sizhui's backstory will be a bit easier. However, I will definitely be including the rest of the juniors including Jingyi, Zizhen, and Jin Ling in this story and you will get to see how they all bond and go on adventures together. With that said, please enjoy chapter 16!

Earlier that evening...

"Sizhui, can I talk to you?" Sizhui stops at Jin Ling's voice, drying off the last of the dishes.

"Sure," he replies.

"Listen earlier," Jin Ling begins, but Sizhui speaks first.

"No, wait, let me speak first. I...I'm sorry I snapped at you. That was wrong of me. I shouldn't have done that, especially not when you were trying to help."

"It's alright...I...should have been keeping everyone together. It's my fault," Jin Ling mutters.

"No...it's not. The fog we encountered creates hallucinations. I only noticed it after Jingyi disappeared and I cast a protection spell before anyone else could be separated. If it weren't for Jin Chan finding Jingyi, I don't know what would have happened," Sizhui's voice trembles.

"We really owe him, don't we," Jin Ling says quietly.

"Anyways, I'm sorry again. Everything was happening so quickly and I was just freaking out. First, Senior Wei got hurt, then Jingyi," His voice was shaking so much now. Jin Ling leans closer, pulling his friend into a tight hug. Sizhui relaxes in his grip, but Jin Ling could feel shock go over his body. It was a rare sign of physical affection from Jin Ling. Although he loved all his friends dearly, he'd never been this explicit about it. But for Sizhui, he could be. He could say so many things in front of Sizhui and he would listen and understand.

"I forgive you," Jin Ling says quietly, sincerity in his voice.

"Thank you," Sizhui says back, pulling Jin Ling tighter into the hug.

"Jin Ling!" The two of them immediately pull back and spin around at the voice.

"Uncle!" Jin Ling sounded annoyed and angry.

"Eh, we're going to town for a bit, do you want to come?" Jiang Cheng blinks as he realized he had interrupted a tender moment. Jin Ling was glaring daggers at him. He turns back to Sizhui, grabs his friend's hand and storms past Jiang Cheng with a loud huff while Sizhui gives me a awkward glance.

"Tsk tsk, don't you know to knock before bursting in like that?" Wei WuXian scolds teasingly.

"There's no door. What do I have to knock on?" Jiang Cheng snaps back, but he was staring after his nephew as he and Sizhui disappeared out the yard. Wei WuXian sighs.

"At Cloud Recesses, any disciple knows that if Hanguang-Jun and I are in a room alone together anywhere, they should knock. Doesn't matter if there is a door or not."