Jane. I did learn about her more than everyone before, but I still learned some things about her that I didn't know; like how she found out she's aro-ace. She found out when she was in the sixth grade when she didn't feel any attraction to anyone at all. All the girls in our class always talk about what guys they're attracted to and Jane never felt that way. She had to look it up why she never felt that way and that's when she learned about aromantic and asexual. The more she looked into it, the more it made sense for her. When I asked her if she's okay with not being in a relationship, she told me she doesn't have to be in a relationship to be happy; she'd rather have a friendship relationship instead.

Emma. All I knew about her is that her dad's our history teacher and Tristan is her brother. She has three more brothers and one sister. I also learned that she loves to read books; her favorite ones are the classic ones like the ones by Jane Austen, but her favorite book of all time is Little Women. She wants to work with book publishing when she gets older and maybe become an author.

Xavier. His dad is the sheriff of this county and my dad works for him. I learned what happened to his brother Lucas. Three years ago, Lucas and his friends were driving home and a drunk driver struck their car really bad. They all got sent to the hospital where Lucas' friends were pronounced dead. Lucas somehow survived, but they had to cut his leg off. The drunk driver survived too, but he got arrested and got put in jail for a few years. Xavier had a breakdown from it for a while, but when his grandpa helped him deal with his emotions by doing art, it helped him get out of it. He likes to draw landscapes and animals.

Danielle. She has two younger sisters and another brother named Tanner who's in college. She told me he's also gay and jokingly asked me if she can set me up with him. I told her thanks but I wasn't ready to date yet. She likes to take pictures and wants to be a photographer. She showed me some of the pictures she took on her camera; it looked like a professional took her pictures.

Rachel. She has an older brother named Robert and a younger brother named Ryder. She's on the volleyball team and she's not that bad. Her birthday was on the 29th and they had a small party at her house. All I got her was some earrings and twenty bucks; she thanked me for them.

Layla. She's also on the volleyball team with Rachel and she's actually really good. She's the only ninth grader at our school that's on the varsity team. Her and Gabriella's mom and Sophia's dad got married when she was in the fourth grade. They had to move from Minneapolis to here because Mr. Hathaway got transferred to another hospital. When I asked her about her dad, she said her dad left her when she was seven because her parents are always fighting. Her mom and Sophia's dad have three sons named Finn, Aiden, and Jonah.

Paul. His sister Janet has gotten engaged over the summer and she's planning to get married the next summer. She met her fiance when she started college and he's a year older. He plays the trumpet in the band and I watched him when they had a concert. He likes Pokemon and collects Pokemon cards.

Austen. He's on the football team and likes to hunt. His dad is the coach for the JV football team. He likes to listen to music from the 70s. I also found out he secretly like to jam to Britney Spears when he danced to one of her songs when us guys were hanging out at my house.

I focused on my bruised rib and my breathing exercises. My bruises have been slowly healing and I've gotten better every day. Everytime I look at my bruises, all I can think about is that day when Malcolm beat me up and he and Brian got into a fight. Then I think about the day Brian and I last spoke to each other.

I focused on my family too. My aunt Isabelle just gave birth to a baby girl and named her Louisa after Grandma. Natalia and I still Skyped each other every Saturday. I went to the play Mariah and her friend Vivienne is in. Kalani, Michelle, Spencer, Sophia, and Danielle's sister Holly are also in the play. It was going well until Malcolm started being an asshole like he always is and kept interrupting the play until my grandpa yelled at him, saying if he keeps doing that, he'll have to take him outside and whoop his ass. Malcolm kept his mouth shut after that.

I am now laying in bed on a Monday morning, thinking about everything that has happened in the past five weeks. I've been up since five and it's almost six. I still hope that Brian will make up his mind and talk to me.

There is a knock on my door. "Christopher, are you up?"

I sat up straight in my bed. "Yeah."

The door opened and my mom walked into my room. "Hey, just wanted to check and see how you're doing." She lifted my shirt up and took a look. "Well, the good news is that the bruises are gone. Good for you." She put my shirt back down.

"Thanks, Mom." I got out of my bed and took my clothes out of my dresser.

"So, Christopher," Mom says as she starts to make my bed, "your birthday's coming up. Anything special you want to do?"

I lifted my head up when Mom mentioned my birthday. My birthday will be on Tuesday. There are so many things going on in my life that I forgot about my birthday.

"Well?" Mom said.

"I want a party, just with some friends and family," I said.

"Ok, then." Mom got done making my bed and kissed me on the head. "I'm going to work now. See you later."

"Bye, Mom."

On the bus ride to school, I sat there listening to the music on my phone. Jane was looking at me with a sympathetic look on her face. She looks like she's trying to figure me out. She then shook her head and sat back in her seat.

The bus stopped at the school and I went straight to my locker.

"Chris?"

I turned to see Seth behind me. "Hey, Seth."

"How're you feeling?" he asked.

"About what?"

"You know, about..." He looked away from me and I followed his gaze. There stood Brian standing by Mr. Seong's classroom, talking to Spencer.

Oh, that. "Fine," I said.

"You sure?"

I nodded my head.

He studied my face before saying, "Okay, then. Want to go to class right now?"

I nodded my head again and we walked to Mrs. Baxter's room. A few minutes after class started, she reminded us we have a book report due today. I looked into my binder and saw that I must've left it in my locker. I got Mrs. Baxter's permission to get it and went to my locker. As soon as I opened it, someone grabbed me and pushed me into my locker.

"Hey!" Someone closed my locker. I'm now trapped in here. I started to bang on my locker. "Let me out now!"

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.