Chapter 27

"Christopher! Wake up!" Someone hits me with a pillow.

I groaned and put my blanket over my head. "Five more minutes," I groaned.

They hit me with the pillow again. "Come on, Chris. Party starts in about three hours."

My head went straight up and there stood Mia. "What?"

"It's Saturday," she said. "What day do you think it is?"

"I don't know?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Well, I can't blame you, considering we have a four day weekend. Now get up." She runs out of my room.

I sighed and got out of bed. I looked down at the floor where Jackson and Shaun are sleeping. On Thursday, Natalia, Katherine, Jackson, and Shaun surprised me when they came here. My aunt Sofia, Uncle Darrell, and my seventeen year old cousin Diego came too.

I kicked Jackson. "Wake up."

"Nnng..." Jackson groaned.

I kicked him again. "Come on, Jackson. Wake up."

"I don't want to," he whined.

"Well, I'm sorry, but we have to have breakfast and then we have to get everything ready for the party." I went over to Shaun and kicked him too. "You get up too."

"Ugh, fine." Shaun gets out of his sleeping bag.

I got my clothes off out of my dresser and took a quick shower. When I walked out of the bathroom, Jackson and Shaun walked out of my room dressed. Shaun's dark hair is sticking all over the place.

"Shaun, brush your hair before you go upstairs," I said.

He groaned, but went to the bathroom.

Jackson and I went upstairs to the kitchen where my parents, Grandpa, my brothers and sisters, my aunt Sofia and Uncle Darrell, my aunt Isabelle and Uncle Stanley, Katherine, and my cousins Natalia, Diego, Sarah, and Louisa are.

"You guys are here early," I said. Natalia, Katherine, Diego, Aunt Sofia, and Uncle Darrell are staying with Aunt Isabelle, Uncle Stanley, and their kids for the weekend.

"Your mother wanted us to be here around eight to have breakfast and to get everything ready for the party," Aunt Sofia said.

"And we've been up for a while," Aunt Isabelle said.

"Guess why?" Diego said, looking at Louisa.

"Diego, she's just a baby," Aunt Sofia said.

Diego rolled his eyes and sat at the table.

"Okay, guys," Dad said. "We've made waffles, sausages, hash browns, eggs, and toasts." He sets them on the table."Some of you will have to sit at the counter."

I served my plate and sat at the counter with Natalia, Katherine, Jackson, Shaun, Mariah, and Mia and started to eat my breakfast.

"So what do we have to do to get everything ready?" Aunt Sofia asked Mom.

"Well, we're going to have the party outside, so we're going to set up tables and chairs, and we're going to have potatoes and gravy with chicken." Mom turns to Dad. "Am I missing something, Dominic?"

"Don't forget the cake," Dad said.

"Oh, yes. I bought two yesterday. One chocolate and one vanilla." She looks at the cakes sitting on the counter.

"You didn't make them?" Uncle Stanley asked.

"I didn't have much time and I was too lazy," Mom said.

"I could've made them," Grandpa said.