𝟎𝟓 | 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐤

Start from the beginning

Locking the door she stepped into the kitchen.

The touch of spices in the delicious food roamed the kitchen and awaited her.

She took the lid off from the lukewarm pot. The instant satisfactory smile spread on her lips. She dipped a finger in the curry pot. She scooped some of that goods with her fingertips and put it in her mouth.

The perfect balance of medium hot and a hint of sweetness. She took a piece of chicken and put it in her mouth. The meat so soft, so tender. It melted in her mouth with ease.

She licked her fingers clean with a satisfactory sign.

Damia grabbed a plate and dumped a couple spoonful of the dish on it. Her mouth watered at the delicious look of it. She added a bit of chilli powder for a milder taste.

She bit her tongue and went to the sink to wash her hands. She's been a bit forgetful about little things.

She's been forgetful of lots of little things. She can't even remember the last time she went out shopping with her mother. Or sister. Or shopping in general.

Last week had been tough on her. She was aware of the tension roaming this house. She told herself to keep calm in situations like this. Her father tells them all the time.

Keep calm and use all your senses in staying alert.

Damia has always tried. She doesn't know how much she succeeds. But she knows she tries.

That's enough.

Her mother says.

With a sign she wiped her wet hands with kitchen towel and took a piece of bread in her hand.

She opened the backdoor to the kitchen leading it towards her beautiful possession.

The garden.

Lavenders green dilly dilly
Lavenders blue
If you love me dilly dilly
For I love you

She sang.

Singing always creates a light mood.

She stopped at the foot of her magnificent swing. Before it lay a bundle of sunshine with no worries in the world.

"Here kitty," she crotched down and passed bread pieces towards the stray cat that roams her home.

It had fur of buttermilk and moved through the spring light as if it were their own special kind of water. That is why Damia named the cat Buttermilk.

Buttermilk sniffed the bread and finished it with calmness. He did not seem hungry.

"Do you want another bread Buttermilk?" Although she had a feeling that butters did not want another bread but she asked Anyway.

Butters licked his paw and paid no attention to Damia. The cat wove himselve into the long grass as if it were strands of a golden-green daydream.

Butters love spring.

"Just a little meow would've been nice." Damia stood up and dusted her skirt and hands.

Humming a melody she turned around to make her way inside when she bumped into something.

Or someone.

Her hand flew to the side of her head. The sudden impact caught her off guard.

There was no wall on the way. It could be an intruder. And definitely not Georgia. She was on a vacation.

The next thing she knew, warm hands cupped her tiny ones.

She knew that touch.

"Are you hurt?" Grave voice echoed in her ears like an everlasting song.

Those hands tore her little one's away from her face. She opened her eyes into deep ocean's.

Viktor brought her face under his touch. His eyes roamed all over her face for any possible damage caused by his body. When he found none his eyes moved to her lips.

A firm pout situated on her soft lips. Almost tempting him to do something about it.

Damia watched Viktor's adams apple bob as he stared at her. Her face turned scarlet under his heated gaze. She looked down instantaneously.

Too much.
She thought.

Viktor brushed his thumb over her soft skin. The roughness of his skin cut into her doll like smooth texture.

"Hi." Damia hesitantly waved at him. But for the lack of distance between them, it looked like an awkward hand gesture far away from a wave.

Viktor said nothing but hummed. Too lost in translation of her.

"What are you doing here? I mean..." Damia trailed off searching for her next words. She did not want to make this any more awkward between them.

"I came to take you out."

"Out?" Damia stared dumfounded at Viktor.

"Yes." Viktor caressed the face between his hands. "Get ready."

"But.." she fiddled with her fingers in thought. Her face dropped down at her fiddling hands.

"I have talked to your father." Viktor lifted her face up to meet his gaze. "He has approved of this."

"Really?" Damia's doe like eyes lit up in distant stars that shone brighter everytime the sky darkened. She clutched onto the ends of his suit jacket.

The things she does subconsciously.

"Really." Viktor averted his gaze from her face to her silken hair that flew with the wind along with yellowish flower patels. His mind wandered around the possible plant that could possess such beautiful and delicate petals. But he couldn't move his gaze away from her. How could he look anywhere else when he saw so much in her?

·  ·  ·  · ♡ ·  ·  ·  ·

Helo my dandelion babies!

So here's another update. I really don't know what I wrote, it's literally 2 in the morning and I'm humming to Harry Styles and Im very sleepy but I have to wake up for suhur in an hour so I'm still debating whether I should sleep or not /:

Like this chapter?
Vote, comment, share.
Maybe give a follow.

I fell asleep twice while writing just the author's note. I'll take that as my cue to sleep.

Drink your water and don't do drugs kids. Here, have a donut instead and be happy.

{\__/}
(• . •)
/>🥯

*It's a glazed donut for me. Might be a bagel for you BUT-*

- Your friendly neighborhood duckling
🦋