𝟏𝟓 | 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡

𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜
ᵐʸˢᵗᵉʳⁱᵒᵘˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵉⁿᵗʳᵃⁿᶜⁱⁿᵍ

- 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘵 𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 -_____

_____

October breezes were always a certain way. And so was Mia's life. Her regular habit of being irregular in taking care of herself was normal. She'd sometimes forget her meals, dentist appointments. But she'd never forget someone's birthday, their favorite color, the things that would make them laugh. She would in a way rather see someone else happier. It was in her nature. She inherited this specific quality from her father.

Harry was a hard man to understand. One would even take one look at him and call him thick minded. But he thought with his head unlike most people. Until he didn't.

He gave permission to Damia to go back to working. This is what was different about Mia's recent mornings.

She was at the flower shop regularly for a few hours each day. That Monday morning at the shop was hectic. Apparently a local musician had tragically passed away. Teenagers in the town created a monument in his honor. Mrs. Angston couldn't possibly deal with all the crowd herself. But she also didn't wanna keep Mia till sundown. It was a sketchy area and she was scared to let a girl like Mia walk those streets alone at that time. But Mia insisted on staying. She even told her she'd take a cab so it was going to be okay. Mrs. Angston had to let her stay eventually.

She helped cleaning up after. All the flowers were sold out. Mrs. Angston talked about how they needed to close the shop until the flowers were all bloomed and ready to sell.

Mia bid her goodbye and went out of the cottage on the road. She searched for an Uber on her phone while walking the street. It was a pretty small street so not a lot of cars could pass at a time. Mia had to walk for a while to finally be able to get an Uber. She had already called home to let them know she'd be a bit late so they didn't have to wait for her for dinner.

When an Uber confirmed, she put her phone back in her bag and waited. She admired the flowers in her hand. Mrs. Angston had given her the leftover flowers from the day. They were a bit dried but still very much beautiful. She counted the flowers till her ride arrived.

She got in and looked around. The car seemed a little dusty. But Mia was never one to complain. If she had a problem with something, she'd rather suffer quietly then to bother anyone.

She usually would greet the driver out of courtesy. But she didn't this time. It didn't feel natural. The man driving the car himself was mute since the beginning. It felt odd to start a conversation. Besides she was too anxious to start one with a stranger. The environment didn't feel right. She had a feeling at the back of her head that something was going to happen. She didn't know why. She wished Mrs. Angston had arrived home safely. She was old but she was more than capable of taking care of herself. Mia knew that. But still, she couldn't help but worry.