Chapter 16: Wonderland

Aristia's POV

"Ahh~ The tea you brew is the best!"Allendis looks satisfied at the tea I nearly learned to make.

"Really I'm glad you like it, brother taught me how a few days ago"

Right... Allendis is a genius, and his family has been ministers for generations. Even if he's still training now, in the end he'll also become...

"What are you thinking about again?"

"Oh, it's nothing! By the way, Allendis."

"Hm? What is it?"

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I hesitated, but since I anyway managed to say it. I want to hear his answer.

"Hmm well I haven't decided yet. But I'll probably work as an Administrative Official."

"Learning the sword is quite fun, but I find that using, but I find that using my mind is more interesting." He added with a smile.

"I see" I knew it. We can only spend time with each other like this, while we're young. Once he grows up and begins attending social parties soon. We'll grow apart soon.

"Aristia, are your disappointed because I don't want to become a knight?" He teased.

"N-no! Not at all"

"Pff you are, aren't you? Am I right? You're lonely aren't you?"

"Don't tease me, Allendis"

Sir Liege was right, since when did I think about Allendis this much? I have to keep my distance from him

Anastacius' POV

Ari's birthday is coming near, time really goes by quickly when you distract yourself. Hmm I wonder what I should gift to her... I lean back on my chair as I look up at the magnificent night sky, the peace and serenity reminds me of how it was like in my past selves. I never had the chance to breathe freely like this, every day is a battle between life and death that became tiresome after fighting for so long.

I decided to close my eyes with the last image being seen a certain zodiac and a picture of my old self looking at the sky after annihilating a rebel group.

'I know that this is temporary, this isn't the first time I feel at peace... Though I still wish sometimes, that I can finally be my own person...

But even I don't know myself anymore...'

Changing my mind of taking a breather, I stood up from my chair and decided to remind myself of last year's events. Where father decided to give Ari, a sword. That memory made me unconsciously laugh a little, as I can remember the faces of all those who found out and lectured father.

°
°
°

[Flashback]

I was walking through the halls, a little bit more quicker than my usual pace but I can't help it. This is my first life having a sister that I know, deserves to be protected at all cost even if it means I take down the world to grovel at my feet...

With a decorated box in my hands as I navigate through the training grounds to find Ari. Upon arriving at the scene when Ari has already received her gift from father, and the all of the knight safe staring at him with dissatisfaction. I made my decision to let my presence be known, as to delay father's punishment and to shove it into his face that I'm better~

Kheiran: (⇀ ↼‶)
The knights:(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞
Ari:(・・ ) ?
Anastacius(in the inside) :( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Greetings everyone" I uttered as I make my way through the hoard of men that for some reason, isn't even sweating after all that training, not even a drop of sweat can be seen on their faces.