Then the converastion shifted to her and her parents were interested on how everything was going with her stay in Gaborone. They wanted to know how Bontle was doing. They knew that Bontle was her best friend and they had come to treat her like family. She evaded any question that was graduation related. She was not ready to tell them and since she had two more days with them she decided to tell them the following morning.

Her sister arrived from work just as she was helping her mother prepare for supper. Unlike Mimi who was curvaceous, Gaone was slender and tall. Unathi had their father's height and their mother's face while Mimi believed she had her mother's body and her father's eyes. Mimi and her sister have always been close since they were young. Gaone always was the one person she knew was always in her side. She even protected her when they were at junior school together. The two year gap between them did nothing to savage their bond.

After hugging and asking about each others wellbeing Gaone went to freshen up while Mimi and her mother finished preparing the food. Mimi knew that tonight they would be sleeping late because Gaone would want to know everything happening in her life. Kagiso was just jubilant when he arrived home to see Mimi.

They had a very lovely and chatty dinner. The atmosphere, the food and the laughters were all that Mimi always missed when she was in Gaborone. She dwelled in the moment and watched lovingly as her family ate the dinner. She slept late that night because she was filling Gaone in on everything happening in both her life and Bontle's. Gaone managed to get her to speed with the village gossip. When she woke up to eat breakfast only her parents were at the table. Apparently Gaone had work and Kagiso had school. Mimi ate her breakfast nervously as she watched her parents. It was about time that she talked to them. She stood up and went by the kitchen zinc.

"Papa, Mama there is something that I want to talk to you about." She mumbled nervously.

"I knew something has been bothering you since you arrived. Sit down and talk to us Melokuhle." Her father's dominating voice demanded of her and she obeyed.

" Her father's dominating voice demanded of her and she obeyed

"I don't know how to say this. I'm ashamed of saying this to you after all the sacrifices you made for me." Her hands were shaking and her palms sweaty.

"Ngwanaka talk to us. You are not pregnant right? Cause you are too young to have a baby." Her mother enquired hysterically.

"Mama please calm down I'm not pregnant. I failed you, I won't be graduating this year. I failed a module this semester so I have to retake it before I finish. I know you expected a lot from me and I'm very sorry for disappointing you." Her voice was squeaky and shaking with deep emotions.

"Oh you nearly killed me with a heart attack. I know baby that you didn't fail the module intentionally so don't think you are a failure." Her mother released a heavy sigh.

"It might be disappointing but maybe this wasn't the time that God chose for you to finish. We will always be proud of you Melokuhle no matter what happens. We will always be in your side."