First Friend

Requested by Beelzebub_Ships_It

Third Person POV
When Marinette was five she went on a trip to Tibet with her Nona, she might have been kidnapped by Damian Al Gul and he might of let her go and given her a small device so that they could message each other. They possibly talked to each other almost every day until he moved in with his father and his device was hidden and practically forgotten under random things. There's a chance that Marinette was heartbroken and her messages to Damian slowly dwindled from every day to a few times a week, to a few times a month, to only once a month, and eventually giving up and forgetting about the small device that she hid in a small plush.

Just before her last year in high school Adrien finally got sense knocked into him and on her birthday, he kissed her and took her on a romantic date at the most luxurious restaurant in Paris. They soon became known for having the relationship that everyone strived for and being sickeningly sweet. Despite Gabriels' efforts, Adrien proposed just before college started and they got married after their first year. The wedding was huge and journalists and reporters wrote articles about it, and a few news stations broadcasted it. Everyone was happy and cheering. Well, except for Kim and Ondine. Kim got drunk (remember, all age 19-20) and slept with another girl. Two girls, actually.

For the rest of college Adrien and Marinette always seemed to have smiles on and looked as if they were on an indefinite honeymoon phase. Unfortunately, after three years of bliss and being in a honeymoon phase, Adrien started working under his father and had to go on travel for business dozens of times. This caused quite a bit of strain on their relationship, as Marinette started working nonstop and ruining her already poor sleep habits whenever he left and he felt that she didn't make enough time for their phone calls and Face Times.

A week before their fifth anniversary, Adrien was needed at a meeting in Japan, and Marinette was needed for the hectic time just before they launched their summer clothing line. On their anniversary, Marinette dolled herself up for their anniversary FaceTime and called him at the time they agreed upon. Adrien didn't pick up the phone. Marinette sighed, but, knowing that he might be busy and lost track of time, waited ten minutes for him to call her. He, again, didn't answer, so she tried again, and again and again and again, but no dice. He didn't answer any of her calls. She, worried for her husbands' safety, started to look through her contacts to find his secretary's contact so that she could ask him what was going on.

Before she pressed the call button though, her phone pinged and alerted her that Adrien had sent her a message. She immediately clicked it, wondering why her husband, who always called or Face Timed her early or at random, hadn't been answering her for the past hour. It was an image, and it made her stomach drop.

There, in the photo, was her doting husband that was her whole world, in a bed, at least shirtless if not more, and passed out. He was spooning a shirtless woman, who was showing off her breasts and smiling like the cat that ate the canary. Her wicked green eyes illuminated by the phone's screen and her hair down and messy instead of its usual sausage hairdo.

Marinette cried herself to sleep that night, she ignored all of Adrien's phone calls, Face Times, messages of endearment, and locked herself in their guest bedroom. Not wanting to look at the bed that they shared, smell his cologne that was impressed in the sheets, or feel the bitter burn of the loneliness and emptiness of sleeping in a king-sized bed all alone. Adrien came back early. Apparently worried about his wife who was refusing to answer him and, according to everyone, had shut herself in their house.

He soon found out that she had locked herself in the guest bedroom as her cries were echoing the empty and suddenly cold house. That just before he left, was filled with such warmth and love. After half an hour she finally came out to see her cheating husband, his face full of concern and love with not a sign of guilt or even a hint that he had slept with her bully.