My Queen

Marine POV
I finish the last of my duties for the day and look out the glazed window of my bedroom to see the sun had set hours ago. I rub my head and look over at the painting of Adrien and me. It was a gift he gave me for our wedding. I haven't smiled like that in months and I don't know the last time I was the reason he smiled that brightly. I can't believe I ever thought that our marriage was anything more than a beneficial business transaction. I mean, my dream did come true... I'm now a queen, but the thing that truly made this arranged marriage amazing to me was that I thought my feelings for Adrien were mutual. I had fooled myself right up to him telling me that he getting a mistress three months ago. Appointing Lila as his mistress to be more exact.

I close my eyes and fight back the tears. I'm a queen. I must not show weakness. I let out a shaky sigh when I hear a familiar tapping/scratching at my balcony door and a small meow. I smile softly and open my door before calling out to my bathroom where she was drawing a bath for me, "Tikki, the Chat Noir is here," and soon Tikki rushes out just as I let him in.

"The cheese demon is back?" Mullo asks as she steps away from her post to look at the black cat.

"I'll get him some food, your majesty. Your bath is drawn," Tikki smiles before putting her hands on her hips and looking at the cat with a small glare.

"Thank you, Tikki," I reply and head into the bathroom.

Tikki POV
Once Marinette walks into the bathroom and the doors are closed I turn back to look at Plagg. He doesn't turn back into his human form, but still, I could see his iconic grin, "Plagg," I say. Not trying to hide my annoyance. "Why hasn't this stopped yet? It's been a month already. Why does his majesty keep sending you over to check on her majesty as a cat instead of checking on her himself?" Plagg was one of the few that had magical abilities along with Mullo and our other friends in various kingdoms. One of Plagg's abilities was turning into a black cat. Which his majesty had been using to have him check on Marinette who didn't know that the black cat that visited her was really Plagg, one of the strongest and airheaded knights in the kingdom. Plagg just stares back and does a shrug-like motion before leaping into my arms and nuzzling my cheek. "I missed you this afternoon as well, Plagg."

"God, safe your weird cuteness for later," Mullo tells us and Plagg growls at her for a second before nuzzling into my arms and sticking his tongue out at her.

"Plagg..." I half chastise him, but smile and stroke his head softly. Making him purr. I giggle and continue to do so until Marinette comes out in her nightgown. I gently put Plagg down, much to his protests, and go to brush her hair.

As I brush her hair, Plagg leaps onto the bed where Marinette moves him to her lap while giggling to pet him much to Plagg's delight. "Hey," she whispers to him, "you're still here, huh. You're still here even after being near me for a month. I guess you aren't sick of me yet, or just like the free food. Either way, it means that you aren't going to leave me like some," and hugs him tightly.

His majesty did a real number on her by making Lie-la his Mistress. Especially since he seems to take her side more than Marinette's. I've been with them since they wed and were crowned. Before he'd make surprise visits and give her random, cute gifts that he'd get whenever he thought of her. Now, he barely visits, always calming to be busy, and the gifts he gives are only during special occasions.

Marinette doesn't mind that he no longer gives her gifts at random which made her flustered and she felt were excessive and over expensive, but now, now he just gives her mundane and not even thoughtful gifts. It was to celebrate the war his father had won which ended up causing our kingdom to prosper. He gave her a ring that was said to have been lost 50 years ago and did not explain. Before he gave her a necklace made solely out of rare gems. All which he hand-picked and told her that like these gems, she is rare and beautiful, but unlike these gems, she is unique and irreplaceable.