S E V E N

"Out of the way! Move!" I yelled, honking my horn trying to maneuver in and out of traffic

"Out of the way! Move!" I yelled, honking my horn trying to maneuver in and out of traffic. I was in a mad dash to get to Cece's flat. This was what I've been waiting for all week. We were finally going on holiday for our anniversary. 

Eventually, I was able to find parking and hurried up to Cece's flat. The present I got for her was held tightly in my hand, I had hope that she would like it. I knocked on her door and waited a few moments before it opened. 

"Harry!" I smiled as I saw it was Nina who had opened the door.  She was always overly excited to see me for some reason. "Come in!" She stated as she moved out of the way. 

"Hi, Nina." I said. Once I stepped foot into the flat I noticed that Cece was nowhere to be found. 

"I can't believe you two lovebirds are going away. I wish I could take a holiday." Nina huffed. 

"Oh, yeah, thanks. I'm happy Cece agreed to it in the first place." I told her. 

"Cece isn't one to go away. Even with her ex-fiancé he never took her on any holidays." Once that sentence left Nina's mouth I knew she wished she had kept her mouth shut. 

I was startled, to say the least. Cece never mentioned she had a fiancé. I knew there was a possibility of her dating. But she never talked about it and the fact that she was engaged to be married on top of that. I thought she would have been honest with me on that. She had asked me about my previous relationships on previous dates.

"She has a fiancé?" I asked her. Nina stood there for a few moments, not knowing what to do. "Why did they break up?" I thought I had a right to know about the person that previously dated my girlfriend. 

"Oh. bloody hell, I shouldn't have told you." Nina took a deep breath and she wrung her hands nervously together. "It's not my place to say. If Cece discovers I told you, I'm pretty sure she'll kill me. Just forget I ever said anything." She began to walk towards her bedroom. "She's in her bedroom packing." That was the last thing Nina said before she stepped into her bedroom and slammed the door. 

When I walked over to Cece's bedroom, I saw the door slightly ajar. I was going to knock on the door as I didn't feel comfortable barging in.  However,  I stopped myself from knocking when I heard her talking on the phone. I should have stepped back, but I couldn't help myself and decided to listen in on the conversation.

"Did you find anything, Zayn?" Cece's stated. I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. I knew Zayn back when I had that awkward encounter with him at the hospital. There were a few moments of silence before I heard her speak again. 

"Nothing?" Cece sighed deeply. "No! No that's okay, Zayn. I'll try a different approach." I could tell she was frustrated. "Yes, I'm still going away for the weekend. So If anything happens, cover for me." I didn't hear anything further, that was my chance to knock before she caught me. 

"Love, it's me." I knocked on the door and pushed the door open. 

"Harry..." I felt her pull the door handle, finally opening it. "I'm almost ready." She replied before we kissed. I smiled as she pulled away and walked back over to her bed.