T H I R T Y - T H R E E

I sat on my couch as tapped my pen against my journal

I sat on my couch as tapped my pen against my journal. I was trying to think of another line that would work well for this song. "Marvelous?" I whispered to myself as I wrote the word down. "No, no, no." I grumbled as I crossed the word off. I leaned my head back and ran a hand over my face in frustration. I was having writer's block. I was finished recording the demos. But Jeff explained to me I should have more songs ready, if and when a music company wants to sign me.

However, I was in a rut. I had been sitting on my couch for the past two hours and nothing. I've just written down crap. Nothing that I thought was worthy. "Hey, watch it." I mumbled under my breath as I felt Luna jumping up onto my lap. She didn't even care if I was in the middle of writing, she just sat right on my journal and laid her head on my thigh. "Good girl." I chuckled as I stroked her fur as she purred away.

The doorbell rang. I sighed as I grabbed a hold of Luna and placed her beside me on the couch. I swear I could have sworn she gave me a dirty look for moving her. "What? Sorry." I shrugged my shoulders as I got up from the couch. Luna yawned as she stretched, making sure I wouldn't be able to sit back down.

I looked at the time and groaned as I realized it was around 8 pm. I knew right away Maeve was at the door. I secretly wished she had forgotten. I huffed in annoyance before I opened the door.

"Harry!" She giggled as she pulled me in for a hug. It was very awkward. I just stood there, not hugging her back.

"Uhh, hi." I faked a smile. She moved around me to walk inside my home. I rolled my eyes before closing the door behind me.

"Thank you so much for doing this." Maeve explained as she looked around my living room. "Oh, hi Kitty." She smiled as she reached towards Luna, trying to pet her.

Luna was not having it as she hissed and scurried off the couch. I was startled as Luna never hissed at anyone. Maeve was shocked as well.

"Sorry about that. I...I don't know what got into her." I coughed as I rubbed my hand against the back of my neck. This was uncomfortable.

Maeve turned around to look at me. "Oh, it's quite alright. Animals are so odd." She giggled as she sat down on the couch.

"Do you have a guitar with you?" I asked, though I already knew the answer as I saw she hadn't had anything on her, only her purse. Well, that was annoying.

"I'm sorry. No, I don't have one. I need to buy one." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Not a problem. That's why I have an extra one." I sighed."Do you want anything to drink?"

"Water, please." I nodded my head before walking into the kitchen. I saw Luna munching away on her dry food.

"Hey, no hissing!" I whispered as I pointed at Luna. She looked up before going back to eating her food. She didn't have a care in the world. I grumbled under my breath as I brewed a cup of coffee for myself and poured a glass of water for Maeve. "Here we go." I said as I walked out of the kitchen and handed her one of the glasses.