What the...?

He tried to look nonchalant as he stood wishing the ground would open up right then and there, swallow him up. Maybe he could even have his well deserved nap in that hole.

Obviously, that didn't happen.

-

Almost an hour later Arthit dragged himself toward his next class, as Mrs. Panya reproaches still rang in his ears.

He really should find time to discuss with Kongpob about his new obsession for post-it. It was getting out of hand.

He sighed tiredly.

Since they hadn't been able to see each other for nearly two weeks, Kongpob had decided communicating with him via post-it was the best way to remind him that he loved him, missed him, that he couldn't wait to see him, hug him, taste him, wait... what?

Arthit re-read the post-it note on the bottle of pinkmilk that Kongpob had left for him on his desk.

Can't wait to have my dose of pinkmilk

꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

"Smooth"

"Well... unexpected, but not surprising"

Bright and Prem, who were reading over his shoulders, commented amused.

"Not another word" he hissed. Then he stucked the now crumpled piece of paper in his pocket.

"It seems like only yesterday that he wrote sloppy sentences about hugging you. And now here he is, victim of his own hormones" Bright exclaimed, attracting the attention of their classmates.

Arthit glared at both his friends. "It was yesterday, and shut up. Both of you"

Then he turned away, hiding the blush on his cheeks.

They were exaggerating as usual. The message didn't say he wants to hug him. It just said:

You know what you'd look great in? My arms.
~(つˆДˆ)つ。☆

He put his head down in between his crossed arms on his desk and closed his eyes for a moment.

Perhaps the ground would swallow him now.

He waited for a moment but nope. Nothing.

Dejectedly, he bumped his head carelessly against the desk.

At least Kongpob hadn't write anything sexual on Mrs. Panya post-it.

-

That evening, as soon as Kongpob entered his boyfriend's room a pillow hit him square in the face.

"P' Arthit...?"

"When did you stick that note in my project?"

Kongpob thought for a moment. "Oh! That one. This morning"

His junior smiled at him, seeming very satisfied with his work.

"Wait, you came here this morning?"

"Yep, around five. Your light was still up so I came to check on you"

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"P'Arthit, if I woke you up you'd resume working. How long since you've had a decent night's sleep? It's not healthy to-"

Arthit felt irritation bubble up within him. He knew his junior was just worried about him. But Arthit was a senior, he had a lot of things to do and not much time in which to get them done. Why didn't Kongpob understand it?

He took a deep breath. He knew he should stay calm. He knew he should, but he couldn't. And then something went incredibly wrong.

Arthit was in a very bad mood. Saying the wrong thing would make him impossible to talk to. Kongpob, obviously, said the wrong thing. And at the end they argued.

A little disagreement about something Arthit barely remembered. As things stood, he didn't even think it was important.

However, he was sure that they both were angry, and that they raised their voices.

Okay, maybe he was the only one who raised it.

The real problem was that when Arthit ordered Kongpob to go to his room, the latter complied.

Arthit was further upset by the ease of his acceptance.

But now it was over, and Kongpob was not with him.

All he wanted was to cuddle in bed with his boyfriend, run his fingers through his hair and hear him saying everything was fine. And, above all, he wanted to sleep in the comfort of his arms. But tonight, Arthit would sleep alone. Or at least he would try.

He couldn't stop tossing and turning, huffing heavily almost as if he hoped the other would hear it.

The fight had happened hours ago and after throwing the pillow against the wall a couple of times, Arthit had gradually calmed down.

It was a stupid situation -really, really stupid-, but his pride kept him from apologizing.

After punching his pillow for the umpteenth time, he threw off the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. There was nothing wrong with apologizing first.

Arthit walked down the hall, crossed the street and went up in the other's room.

He swallowed, uncertain how to proceed. It was usually Kongpob who gave up first, but apparently not this time.

As quietly as possible, he entered in the younger's room.

The laptop was playing filler music at a low volume, while Kongpob was lying on his bed turned on the opposite side of the screen. Arthit slid across the wooden floor and walked towards the sleeping boy.

He came to a stop in front of the bed, it was probably too early to apologize. He should go back to his room.
Yes, he should go back to his own bed.

But at that moment Kongpob fidgeted in his sleep, letting out an adorable little moan, which immediately made Arthit crawl into bed behind him. He wrapped his arms around Kongpob's waist, his head resting against his back and inhaling his sweet scent.
He synchronized his breathing with Kongpob's. His junior was already sleeping soundly. There was no need to wake him up, right?

"I'm sorry Kong. I didn't want to yell at you..." he bit his lip and whispered softly "I love you"

He closed his eyes. For the next few minutes the only sound in the room was the one coming from the computer. Then Kongpob wriggled, and put his hands on Arthit's forearms.

"It's okay. I forgave you hours ago" said the younger, his voice thick with sleep.

Arthit let out a slight gasp as he realized he had been awake all along. He felt reassured; they would sort things out the next day. And now he could happily snuggle up against his back.

Just before falling asleep, Arthit felt Kongpob wriggling some more, taking something from the bedside table and sticking it on his forehead. Immediately he grabbed the yellow post-it and read it with a smile.

I love you too

His junior had once again kept his cool and, despite his slightly difficult temper, was still there. Always ready to forgive him.

Not only did he have the most understanding, patient and handsome boyfriend in the world, he also had the most adorable boyfriend in the world.

That night, Arthit clung close to Kongpob, hugging him tighter than ever. 

Note

I must confess, I'm not really convinced of this, but I've already written it so ...

Thank you for reading,  I hope it wasn't too bad

Have a nice week and stay safe 💜