Chapter 3| Comfort?

Dazai's POV

I exited the infirmary and made my way outside. My feet walking silent steps. I arrived at where the others were, only to notice that everyone was now on their seats.

Crying.

I frowned and went outside of the agency. It was too much.

Seeing him.

And everyone crying over him.

I cried too many times. And the last time I did was centuries ago. I didn't even bother to cry when I was at the Port Mafia.

I walked away from that wretched building. The building that now was full of sorrow and grief.

I wonder if the Port Mafia already knows?

Are they celebrating?

Because he's gone?

Ha.

F*ck.

I can't seem to calm my mind, it was running in circles. Replaying to the time I bursted the door open, just like a broken tape.

So I came into a conclusion to go to a building's rooftop. Maybe there, I'll have a peace of mind.

I walked towards a building, not caring If it's company, a mall or whatever. I just went inside and took the stairs. Each step heavy from the weigh I was now carrying on my shoulders.

And as I reached the top, I went to edge and stared down at the city. The city who always seem to be busy. The city who was full of people, people who they save everyday.

I stood there for a little while when I decided I'd sit, with my legs dangling off the edge. Of course, I always did this but this time I felt different.

I wanted to jump, really.

Not because I was a suicidal maniac but because I just grew tired of everything.

Was this what Atsushi was feeling when he tied the rope?

I sighed, I can't really help but just think of him can I?

I stared at the sun as it goes down. It's illuminating light spreading on every cloud as it shows their beauty.

I really thought It was gonna rain today.

But didn't.

How dare that it didn't.

Atsushi died.

His student died.

Yet the clouds, the sky, the universe decided that it would be better if it didn't rain.

If they didn't cry.

Can't they at least make me grieve properly?

I let out a small laugh as tears once again clouded my vision.

It's ridiculous how I blamed the weather.

Hot tears continuously drops from my eyes as I stared at the sunset.

What would it feel if Atsushi was here?

If he was sitting beside me and holding my hand?

It would be great wouldn't it?

I closed my eyes, letting the feeling sink in. Before I even knew it, I was thinking of him.

Again.

I sighed in dissapoinment. As I continued to look at the sunset that was still unfolding before me.

"Hey"