Broken Grace chapter nineteen

-Stable verse Life's House-

Error couldn't help glaring at the skeleton across the little table. The table was a low square Japanese sitting table, and one that Error knew he could easily reach across and strangle him if he was quick enough. The only thing stopping him was Nightmare snuggled against his side and the kids in their laps, both looking out the open wooden sliding doors in awe. The flowers blooming had caught their attention for now.

After Death had asked Blueberry to carry him into the house, Error had demanded to be put down. When it looked like the one in blue was going to say no, Error was quick to roll out of his hold, making the little finger on his left hand fall off, much to Error's annoyance and Blueberry's horror. Taking off his gloves on the little table, the bone felt out, making Blueberry scream and the kids gasp.

In fact, Blueberry was still looking at the little finger on the table in horror.

Huffing in frustration, Error picked up the little finger, placing it back on his hand. While other bones, the bigger ones and more mangled ones, take time to reattach, especially when they are broken off and not cleanly at that, little ones take almost no effort on his part. Like his little toe and finger for example, but no bigger than that. Even his pointing finger has to take time before going back, much to Error's annoyance when he wanted to knit or had to fight. But he had gotten into the habit of waiting for his magic to do it on it's own, not by his prompting. It takes less magic when that happens, and for someone who has to kill and fight every moment needed....Yeah, he had other things to worry about.

Blueberry watched wide eyed when Error put his little finger back in its place, a light blue mixed with a darker blue wisps of magic swirled around it, then reattached. Flexing, the hand was back to normal.

"ThERe," Error gave a nod in satisfaction, sounding smug. "aS i hAVE bEEn TeLLing YOu all, ThEY wILL coME bAcK EvENtUalLY."

Nightmare lightly rubbed his cheek against Error's upper arm. "I believe it is not that they do not believe you. I think having no need to fear and being far more close as they have so few. They naturally have empathy for us. They are distressed that you are in pain."

Blueberry looked at Nightmare with wide sockets, the idea that anyone would have to explain that someone felt empathy for Error painting an ugly picture of his life. Taking a closer look at the hand, Blueberry still felt Error needed some healing. The hand looked like it was put through a blender, literally. It was chipped and had scars all over it, Blueberry was shocked that Error could even use it and that it had no holes in it.

"I still think you need some healing." Blueberry stated firmly, leaning on the table now that the bone was gone. "One should not look so....hurt. You have too many chips on your bones to be healthy." The Blueberry gave a bright smile. "But do not worry! Life will heal you up in no time!"

Error sincerely doubted it. With how much damage his body had taken, and with how he had never really properly healed, it would take years for his body to look as normal as it could. But he decided not to say anything, better not to start a fight right now when in an AU filled with Gods. "nIgHT FirST hE mAy NOt jUsT cOMe bAcK ToGEthER."

Blueberry glanced at Nightmare and paled then glanced away. "I see I was under the impression that he was not as badly wounded but as you say we should take ability to recover into account. I will make your concerns clear to Life when she is through with Death."

"So, Error." Blueberry got a curious look on his face. "Can you tell me something about your Multiverse? Maybe something that you like to do?" Blueberry thought this was a safer conversation that they could have while they waited.