Broken Grace chapter ten

-Nightmare's Castle Throne Room-

Cobalt paced in front of the empty throne glancing at the five Gasters the team was able to find impressive really.  Given the almost total annihilation rate of Gasters.  These five were sain, not evil, still in existence, and scientists.  "Do you know why you have been invited here?"

LittleTale Gaster raised a hand looking nervous. "You need scientists and no one outside our AU's will notice us going missing unlike a Sans?"

"Well you're not wrong but not completely right either I plan to bring in a few Sans later." Cobalt smiled at him. "I am glad to see you have a realistic view.  At this point I don't care if the Multiverse knows what we are doing.  No we brought you in because you are not lazy and we have three months to save ourselves. "

The Gasters trade looks. Then Flowerfell #7962 Gaster asked, "It is about the anomaly that is destabilizing the Multiverse isn't it?"

Cobalt looked him dead in the sockets.  "Yes two of the four balancers that held our Multiverse stable are gone, murdered or as good as.  We believe we have a reference to another Multiverse. We need a stable portal to get there and are willing to take you and yours with us in exchange for building it."

HavenTale #8 Gaster looked at him worried. "What's about everyone else?"

Cobalt smiles but there wasn't anything warm or happy about it. "Oh we are giving them a copy of the plans and whatever you make after all we won't need it anymore. And I want them to live a very long time. I want them to feel their sins crawling up their backs every fucking day and to wake screaming at night from dreaming about it.  I want to give them one last broken grace."

Flowerfell Gaster laughs while Haven looks sick. "I am so in.  Maybe you can get my brats to grow a backbone."

-With Error-

It hadn't taken long to get everything packed up.  Soon Error was in his jacket, bag on his shoulders and holding both kids in his arms.  Of course it took a lot of convincing - Not listening and doing it anyway, then proceeding to ignore all the protests - to make the others let him wear the bag as they felt it would be too much weight for his bones.

When Skull asked Nightmare why he didn't try to stop him he just smirked.  "I have never been able to turn him from his course or convince him my way was better so why waste my time and energy."

Error wasn't stupid, if he is going to be walking into a trap then he is going to keep the kids close at hand so he could run at a seconds notice if needs be.  He's played this game too many times to not know what to do or what could happen.

"Are you sure you don't want any food to go, you haven't had any at all!"  Toriel fussed, hovering around Error and the children.  "I could wrap something up for you!"

Twitching Error just stood still while Toriel eventually gave Skull some food to take, she then turned back to the children with a smile.  "Please take care of yourselves, and come visit when you have the chance!"  Then she leaned down and gave a kiss on their little cheeks much to their confusion and surprise.

"W-What was that?" Null asked, rubbing his cheek while Void gushed, also rubbing his own cheeks.  Their SOUL'S warming at the touch.

Toriel gave a bittersweet smile.  "That was a kiss, children."  She glanced to Error, who also looked slightly confused and dazed.  "It is something one gives to show affection, love, for one's family and friends.  It can also help one feel better after they have been hurt."

'Feel better?'  Remembering how his Mama screamed, banging his face on the floor, and clawing at it too, Null knew that he was very much hurt.  More than he has ever been. 'But I can help Mama feel better?'  Toriel giggled when a glint entered Null's and Void's sockets.  She knew where this was going.