Broken Grace Prologue

In the beginning Fate created and formed them to keep the balance.

After Undertale was created resting alone in the empty Multiverse Fate created Inky Sans, the one who would become the creator of all other AU's.

As he was created, Fate whispered the words of his fate, of his job. To create more universes and to keep them safe. But there is only so much room, so he must make them last, make sure the universes never touch or else they would destroy one another.

But there was a problem. Inky did not hear the words of Fate, did not know of his job and duty to his Multiverse. All Inky knew was that he had the power to create, something he loved doing more than anything. He felt so empty that he never really stopped creating more and more. He created so much, never really stopping. Though he loved each one like his children, Inky never stopped to think if he could create too much or what would happen if there were too many AUs. Fate could not let this go on. It was apparent the AUs would soon touch and crumble, or Worse the original universe would be lost destroying everything else with it...

So Error was formed, not created.

Fate preferred Inky, he was her favorite and true child, but Fate knew that creating another being like Fate did Inky could lead to more problems than solutions. An though Fate loved Inky, Fate knew that the fate of their Multiverse was more important than all of Inky's creations. So Fate picked a Sans and dragged him into the Anti-Void.

This Sans had no idea what was happening as he was torn from his home, could only watch as everything that mattered was ripped from him and erased. He tried everything to get out of the Anti-void; running, walking, teleportation, using his Gaster Blasters, and finally calling for help. But as he cried out, he knew no one would save him.

He screamed until the screams started screaming back.

Fate screamed with the other voices. Whispering did nothing for Inky as he was created, he never heard her words, so screaming had to work. Fate could not let this one do what he wanted like Fate let, and continued to let, Inky do. This one could not run free.

Fate screamed about his fate, his job. He was to destroy so that others could grow, destroy so that there was room. Fate never stopped screaming at him, the voices never stopped screaming at him so that he would never get out of line.

Soon Sans changed. His bones turned darker, his tears-stained his face to show his internal weeping never stopped, he became corrupted. Soon he became nothing but a glitch in the system, nothing but an Error.

Error felt so angry, so hateful at what Fate had done to him even as his memories started to leave him. He forgot what it was like to eat, forgot what his brother looked like, he forgot how to love and be loved in return. The Anti-Void and Fate made sure to strip him of that.

For a time, Error tried to destroy the whole Multiverse. He wanted nothing more than to get back at Inky and Fate for what had been done to him. Inky just screamed and hated him as he continued to create. Error thought Inky knew what his job was, so why was he doing this? To torturer Error into killing more and adding to the screams?

But that fire soon left Error, leaving his SOUL cold and empty feeling. He did his job because if he didn't all would be lost, but he resented that Inky could do as he wished. Fate will always favor it's one true child.

Things grew progressively worse for Error as time passed he endured long past sanity for the handful of beings he had come to think of as his own but the ambush and being left for dead was the last straw that made Error snap. If they did not want him, did not need balance and change, then he would give them what they wished. Fate was going to learn that Error could not be chained forever and would get the last laugh for all Fate has done to him.

But while Fate did not favor Error, Destiny did.

Destiny saw how much Error struggled, how much pain he was in, how much he wanted to stop but couldn't as he did not want his Multiverse to die. Destiny watched as Inky went on with no limitations while Error was drowning in them.

Destiny watched as Error finally took his fate in his hands and went to change it as one does with destiny. Destiny watched as Error fell laughing at finally getting what he wanted and one upping Fate.

But Destiny favored Error like Fate favored Inky.

And while Fate would let Inky win and do as he will as his fate, Destiny would lead Error to his new destiny as his action has changed how his life would go. When Error made that life ending choice, he changed his destiny. With that Destiny could finally act when it could not before.

Destiny would lead Error to love and healing, to a Multiverse that had no need for creation and destruction for balance. Fate had chosen Inky as their favorite, letting them almost destroy everything. So Destiny would pick their favorite over the life of their Multiverse as well.

When Error landed in this new Multiverse, Fate's screaming could no longer reach him. All he heard before it went black was Destiny's loving whispers and embrace. For the first time that he could remember, Error felt safe.

But healing is a long and rocky road loaded with setbacks and just as much hurt. By the time Fate notices something wrong, it will be far too late.

Destiny will fight for it's chosen child.