Broken Grace chapter eleven

-Nightmare's Castle-

Horror rushed into Cobalt's office. "They finally called a meeting. Starts in an hour."

Cobalt smiles and pushes a jar of beef jerky across the desk. "Good job Horror. I want you to move your brother to the castle. I know he wants to stay and take care of your AU but given the situation." He sighs, "my friend I am not sure we will have time to go back for him when things get hectic."

Horror looks up from digging in the jar for a snack. "Good, I have wanted a reason to get him out of there for a long time. He is just stubborn."

Cobalt stands adjusting his vest. "You have an hour. Then I have a job for all of you." Cobalt smiled his, feral I am going to make someone pay smile and walked into the living room where the guys were gathered.

Dust set up his eyelights glued to Cobalt. "Boss you got something for us?" No one bothered to tease Dust about his relationship with the smaller Sans, not since Cobalt found out and revoked all sweets privileges for everyone for twenty four hours. Now everyone was afraid of Cross on a sugar crash and left each others love lives alone.... When Cobalt was around.

Cobalt grinned at Dust and handed him a list. "I need you guys to acquire these Sans for me while I am keeping the council busy at the meeting in an hour. Don't mess up the AU's we will need parts later."

"No Cobalt you can't walk into one of those meetings alone they will kill you." Dust shot to his feet, fists clenching. "At least let me go with you."

Cobalt looked up at Dust meeting his sockets. "It has to be me Dust and I can't have any of you with me if I have any chance of buying us extra time. They have to at least listen and we already know they think I am easy to control."

Killer looks away a bit uncomfortable with their intense stares. "How are you going to get them to listen?"

Cobalt chuckles, "Drama, timing, and backup. From Core Frisk and Lady Life." That got him some startled looks. "Speaking of, I have to go let her know it is time." Cobalt steps up on the coffee table and pulls Dust down for a kiss much to his blushing surprise. "Be safe out there Dusty." Abruptly turning Cobalt opened a portal to Life's garden and walked through.

-Multi-Void-

It took a few minutes for Error to come back to reality. By the time he was out of his head and in the now he was sitting down in an outdoor chair at the head of the outdoor table with the kids in his lap. On his right sat Nightmare, who looked worried as could be, and on his left sat Blue, who seemed to be thinking about something. Ink sat next to Nightmare looking worried and slightly spooked whenever Nightmare moved a little.

Looking down the table, Error could see them mumbling to one another. Or in Death's case, curling into himself and trying not to touch anything. All the kids were twitching, as if wanting to move or go running, but also curious and determined to know what is going on.

Null slowly lifted his head and peeked out from Error's arms, looking with wide sockets at all the different skeletons. His eyes stilling when they caught another's. An older kid with goggles on his head was leaning onto the table looking bored before their eye lights met. The other child's white eye lights went wide before blue over took their face. The other skeleton just seemed frozen. Null just blinked in confusion and just as quickly tucked his head back into his Mother's chest. Void giggled, as if finding this whole situation hilarious.

"Why don't the kids go and play while we talk?" Orbit asked softly. He knew this talk was going to get bad, maybe even bloody, and he did not want the kids to see or hear any of it. In his mind, even if they have been through so much they are still kids. "They can go play and get to know one another."