Broken Grace chapter four

-Nightmare's Castle-

Cobalt Blue watched Nightmare pace and curse trying every few moments to open a portal to the surge in negativity.

Cobalt glances at the team and notes the general fiddling with blades and nervous energy like they desperately needed to stab something. "Outside now you lot can work on target practice, don't use magic, save it for the mission." Having made his decision Cobalt opens the door and gently pushes Nightmare out into the garden where he has more room to pace and the boys could be a bit wild.

-Anti-Void-

Error doesn't know how long he lay there sobbing in pain. Time had no effect in the Anti-void, it could have been a few minutes to a few years before Error stopped. The stifling silence broken by hacking coughs and whimpers.

Slowly Error uncurled, feeling dust and marrow starting to pool under him. Holding out a shaking hand, Error called out his SOUL to check his stats. Soon the glitchy SOUL popped out into existence. It was an upside-down heart colored light blue mixed with yellow and rich deep green with Error signs on it, glitching, the dark blue strings on it slowly pulsing. When Error checked his stats, he wanted to start crying again.

High level of LV, EXP, attack, and defense, nothing out of the ordinary with them. No, it was his HP. He did not have a lot of HoPe himself, but with him having high LV and being a glitch he had quite a bit, and it always was glitching so it was a hard thing to make it go down. But he wasn't freaking out because of how low it was. No, no, he was freaking out because his HP was slowly climbing back up.

Even if his body is broken, his SOUL will never die. He is part of the balance, it would take much more than physical wounds to turn him into dust. Trust him, he tried that a long time ago. He would have happily told Inky that if he asked.

But now he was just so TIRED.

'What was the point of going on?' Error thought to himself blankly as the Voices continued to scream out. 'For the Multiverse? What has it ever done for me?' It hurt to breathe. Error slowly sat up, softly crying out as he shook off his blood and dust covered jacket. Slowly his dust started to stop falling, Error was suddenly struck with a horrible idea.

"ThEy dON'T wAnT balAnCE...." Error crawled away from the dust and blood, tears falling as he grinned. "ThEY dOn't wANt ME...."

'They only want creation. Fate has made their choice and mistake.' Error's glitchy laughter echoed in the white nothingness, making the Voices actually shut up for once at the broken sound. 'Fate thought that I would take this abuse forever? Oh, no. I am Error! If this Multiverse wants only half of the balance, who am I to stop them? I'll just give them what they want!'

Error looks around one last time, pausing once his eye lights landed on the cobalt scarf he made a few days before. Gripping it softly, Error put it on. It was the only thing he wanted with him once he goes, everything else can be left. He really doesn't need it where he is going after all. They can have what was left, he knew they were going to use it as a trophy or burn it if they ever found it. 'Now the creator can be their destruction and death! I only wish I could see their faces once they find out what Inky is doing to them.'

Error staggered to his feet and shuffled forward with creaking bones opening a portal to Outertale. It was impossible to kill Error with his stats and stubborn SOUL, but he knew of one way to do it and stay dead. The thought actually hit him years ago but he never did it because of the balance. But now he just doesn't care. They all have made their choices, why should he help the ungrateful. It is a horrible thing all around as he has to kill to keep others alive, at least he chose the newer AU's, that made things slightly easier on them all. 'But that no longer matters.'