i. a settlement of solace

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

HOME. That word has been haunting Aurora's thoughts ever since she lost her house to the deadly gigantic monsters. The home she once had was something she had to abandon after they heard of the dreadful news. Her father was quick enough to act and quickly packed the essentials that they needed for their abrupt travel. In truth, the house that they resided at wasn't even their real house. They had just moved in from there and stayed there for only one month, only to leave it behind due to the disastrous news about human hungry, overy large creatures.

Truthfully speaking, the only reason she called their newly moved in house a home was because it reminded her of her mother. It just had that smooth fragrance that could make you sleep at night without a single thought in mind. The walls were even painted a pastel yellow, a color that her mother loved so dearly. Their family that consisted of three would always find joy even in the simplest of things. But the biggest happiness that they had was when their only daughter had been accepted as a french model at the early age of fifteen. Of course she still focused on her studies, the modelling agency agreed on making her work on her free times, knowing that the girl was still of young age. But still, she still managed to have high grades even though she had a lot of things to do, she was just that persistent on making her parents proud even though both of her guardians was the proudest that they could ever be.

Now, you must be curious of why they had moved houses even though they were very stable there in Paris. Well, I think we all guessed the reason; her mother. On all of the things that they had all been through, her mother was the healthiest person they could ever see. She was active, always exercising and eating healthy foods. But what they didn't expect was the big truck that would take her precious life. In fact, everything was a big shock when they found out she arrived on the hospital on what they call as only a lifeless body. She was a great woman, the best mother and wife that you could always count on. Everything changed after that and before they knew it, they had to move. Move away from everything that could only remind them of the honorable lady. Move away from the place they had lost their guardian angel. Move away in hopes of forgetting the painful memories that changed everything. Because even if they deny it, they just weren't complete anymore. They felt hollow, like a piece missing from their very souls. She was missing her mother.

And so they moved to the small town called Fairfield. It was a quaint house, but a house nonetheless. They moved in hopes of a change. And a change they did get. A change in the means of huge viscous creatures that act like literal death machines. In result, they had to journey towards the unknown. Keeping each other safe and out of sight. It was like a zombie apocalypse but replace the zombies with ginormous creatures. Both were just the same though- they eat humans. Aurora's father was fortunate enough to have information about the strongest bunker there was, which consisted of healthy adults that he could ensure that would protect his daughter. Perhaps it was because his daughter grew up to be the prissy and proper girl she was that he thought she couldn't protect herself. Well, he was right on some note. She did have difficulty in adjusting to their new lifestyle but she knew that she had to grow up strong to be able to survive. And she did, she progressed throughout the years and grew to be a strong, flexible, and smart lady. And the shocking but expected change about her was her sharp tongue. She now had no care whether or not she said bad words. Not a nice thing to have, considering she had already pissed off all of the monsters she encountered. The death of her dear father only made her more snarky than usual. Her change of attitude was something that was either because it was how she coped up with her devastation or because she was a teenager that had to go through puberty alone. Probably both but what would you expect from a very emo girl that didn't get the chance to dress as a goth queen. Don't even get her started on her monthly periods.