Chapter 36

Sorry for the wait!

Gabe crawled into the bed pulling Thea against him, "How you feeling?"

Thea rested in the curve of Gabe's neck, her eyes red and her nose sore from crying and wiping.  She quickly shook her head sobs the only thing able to exit her mouth.

Gabe's kissed the top of Thea's head squeezing her tight, "I called my mom about your dream and she said that Desiree would have really had to care about you to have been able to have done that."

"Three years," came Thea's muffled voice.  "I let you make me wait three years to go see her and when I finally do she's dead."

Gabe pulled back to stare into Thea's accusing eyes.  "I had no idea this was going to happen."

"You didn't," disbelief rang in Thea's words.  "You didn't believe not for one second that Desiree may still be in trouble."

"No," responded Gabe sincerely.  "Members of my pack were killed too!"  Gabe started to pull his arm from around Thea but quickly decided that wasn't the best thing to do. "If I hd known that she was in trouble I would have left Roderick and Cyrus down there."  Gabe ran his fingers over Thea's braids moving some from her face, "Cyrus would have -."

"But you didn't," sobbed Thea.  "You didn't leave Roderick and Cyrus down there you had them come back."  Thea pulled out of Gabe's embrace, sitting up she stared down at him with tear filled eyes.  "I did it again.  I listened to you as if your words were the only thing that mattered.  I didn't once voice my own opinion."  Thea released a self depreciating laugh, "Desiree told me before she left I needed to stop letting you run my life and like a dumb ass I didn't listen."

"So now everything is my fault," scowled Gabe sitting up.  "I ran your life and that's why Desiree is dead?"  Gabe stood up with a shake of his head, "I guess in your mind I conspired with the people that killed her."

Guilt shoot Thea as she stared at Gabe's rigid back.  "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that."

"I'm sure you did," frowned Gabe walking toward the hotel room door.  "I think I should go see what Ryan's found out," sighed Gabe dishearteningly.

"Gabe," called Thea sadly.  "I'm so sorry," she whispered as he door closed softly behind him.

"I didn't think he'd ever leave."

Thea jumped to her feet running to the door Gabe had just exited.  She reached out for the brass knob inches away only to be thrown across the room into the far wall.

"No so fast bitch," came the disembodied voice.

Thea slowly rose to her feet looking around the empty room.  "Who's there?"

The window above Thea's head rattled and flew open.  A gently breeze that smelled of sweetpeas entered the room on the gently breeze with a thin thread of smoke.  The smoke fluttered around the room until it created a barrier between the wall Thea sat against and the door before it slowly started to take shape.

Thea watched the grayish blue smoke took the shape of a petite woman with small almost nonexistent curves.  As ther form manifested so did a all white sundress that didn't seem to fit with the evil aura coming off the woman.

"So we finally meet," said the unknown woman.  Her scarlet red lips matched her blood red hair atnd was at odds with her translucent pale skin.  

Thea slowly rose to her feet raising her chin to stare down her nose at the woman, "Who are you and why should we meet?"

"Me," laughed the woman pressing her hand against her meager chest, "I'm April."

"April," repeated Thea staring at the woman questioningly.  "And April should I know who you are?"