Chapter 28

Gabe walked angrily toward Roderick a frown marred his handsome face as he stopped and glared from Roderick to Desiree. "I know I made myself clear when I said I wanted her away from here," growled Gabe.

Roderick sighed running a hand through his dark brown hair. "It wasn't me that didn't understand," responded Roderick his eyes moved around the room until they landed on Cyrus. "According to Cyrus, Thea and your mother both wanted her brought back."

"Of course they did," gloated Desiree. "For months I helped Thea while she was in Chicago with your pups and in return you tried to send me away."

"I sent ten of my strongest and most trusted shifters with you," snarled Gabe frustrated. "Your presence endangers Thea and my pups."

"And I'm sorry for that," snapped Desiree. At dark glares from both Gabe and Roderick Desiree tried to smile. "April and that beastly rogue killed almost everyone at Flow House."

"I remember," drawled Gabe barely able contain his rage. "You were to go with my beta and explain why that happened."

Desiree gaped at Gabe, "How the hell am I supposed to answer that." She waved a hand toward Gabe, "To my knowledge the Johansson pack didn't have anything on it's land to kill for."

"To you knowledge," repeated Gabe blankly. "Did you ask the council?"

"Another reason for me to be here," smiled Desiree.

"Fine," snarled Gabe as he glanced around for Ryan. "Where did they go," he pondered as he saw Sarah smugly toward him. "For the love if the moon goddess why do I have to deal with this trick," groaned Gabe through his mind link with Roderick.

He ignored Roderick's snort of laughter. "What," whispered Gabe furiously as her crimson stained lips curled up at him as she reached his side.

"Our parents are in a meeting with the council and need us to go to Zion to pick up some paperwork they need," lied Sarah smoothly. "We should hurry," she continued, she pressed her hand against the small of his back pushing him toward the door.

"I don't need you to go with me," drawled Gabe as he stepped away from her touch.

Sarah pouted, "But they wanted us to go."

"Cyrus and I will go," offered Roderick as he threw a contemptuous look at Sarah.

Sarah growled toward Roderick, "You weren't asked to. Know your place beta," spat Sarah.

"His place," smirked Gabe as his eyes swept the crowd, "is by my side add my second in command." He swung frosty jade eyes to meet Sarah, "It is you that needs to remember their place."

Sarah giggled and arched an eyebrow, "You think you are so high and mighty. You have a lot to learn -."

"You should be quiet," growled Gabe.

"And you should have felt the minute your supposed mate went into labor," smirked Sarah triumphantly. At Gabe's shocked look her mouth fell open and she gasped loudly drawing everyone's attention. "You've impregnated, announced her, but haven't marked her. Talk about doing things ass backwards."

Desiree pushed into Sarah causing her to stumble, "Oh Em Gee," cried Desiree as she faked concern. "In my old age I guess I didn't see you there."

Sarah growled in anger as she heard snickers from those who had heard and saw. "Shouldn't you be dead or something? Your mate died years ago and Gabe killed your only child." With a dismissive shrug she sneered, "Give your pack to someone and go die."

"How dare you," cried a shocked and outraged Cyrus as she joined the conversation.

Sarah tossed her hair over her shoulder and rolled her eyes, "Whatever."