Cross Your Heart (Chapter Eight)

Elizabeth's POV

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat back down in my seat.

"Well as you all may know. We had to take Mr. Micheals into surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. During the surgery he flat lined." Everyone sucked in a breath. " We got him back, but were forced to put him into a comatose state."

" What does that mean?" Austin asked.

" He is in a medically induced coma. When the medicine wears off there is no telling when he will wake up."

" Will he wake up?" I asked.

" He should, but again I can't promise anything."

" When can we see him?" I asked.

" Two people can go in now. "

" I think Elizabeth and Austin should go." Mae said and I told her thank you with my eyes.

Austin stood up out of his seat and offered me his hand. I took it graciously and let him pull me up. We walked out of the waiting room and followed the doctor. I didn't know where we were going because I couldn't pull my eyes off of the floor. Finally we neared a door and the doctor told us that he was hooked up to a lot of machines. We nodded and entered.

" You can try talking to him. It is said that they can hear you." The doctor told us and we just nodded.

Austin walked around one end of the bed and I the other.

" Hey man. Everyone is here for ya. So you need to hurry up and get better." Austin said bringing tears to my eyes. I still couldn't find words. I'm so scared of losing him. I can't lose him. Austin looked up and nodded his head and turn to leave Jake and I alone.

" Hey Jake..." I stopped my sentence because when I started to talk Jake's heart beat started increasing. I smiled to myself. It's true they can really hear you. I grabbed his hand.

" Jake I know it's my fault your in here. I should have told you before that I knew, but I didn't want to tell you and then you leave. God Jake I'm so sorry. Can you just wake up and tell me everything is going to be alright?" Just then I felt the grip on my hand tighten. My eyes shot up to Jake. He was staring at me with those deep blue eyes. A smile spread across my face. He mimicked my smile and he quietly whispered something to me.

" I will never leave you. Ever. Understand? I love you."

" W..What???" I stuttered.

" I'm in LOVE with you, Elizabeth Skye Smith. I didn't know how to tell you. I wish it was in a better time and place, but being in the wreck all I could think about was you. I love you Li." He said his voice full of love.

" Cross my heart." He whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWWWWWWW!!!!!:)

~KALLIE