Cross Your Heart (Chapter Fourteen)

Elizabeth's POV

As I walked hand in hand with Jake into the front doors of the school I saw banner after banner saying vote for Renee and Jake for Homecoming King and Queen. My blood began to boil with hatred for the school "IT" girl as she kept trying to take Jake away from me. In the past week she had numerous attempts to separate Jake and I and one almost did the deed.

FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 Days Ago

"Hey Jakey!!" Her whiny voice piercing my ears. She walked over to Jake and I and grabbed my hand wrenching it out of Jake's grasp and replaced it with her own. If that didn't get my blood boiling enough she proceeded to lean up and kiss his cheek. All the while Jake just stood there. Lets just say the car ride home that day was silent until we got into my driveway.

" Ok what's wrong?" Jake askes as we pull into my driveway. I am never one to blow things out of proportion but seriously "WHATS WRONG"? Really?

" Are you kidding me??" I asked turning to look at him disbelief written all over my face.

" Yes. You haven't said a word to me since this morning. You didn't even give me a kiss goodbye this morning before classes or a hello one after school. What's wrong?" He asked totally clueless which made me even angrier.

" So you mean to tell me that that little thing they call Renee pulling you away from me, holding your hand, and KISSING your cheek doesn';t ring a bell?"

" Nope... When did this happen? I would never let her do something like that." He said. I was starting to get scared with his accident only a couple of weeks before. I mean maybe he was starting to have memory lose or something.

" Your kidding me. This morning Renee was all over your jock. She even started kissing your cheek. Do you have any idea how that looked? To make it even worse you just stood there and let her do it." I gasped for air as I yelled out the events of this morning.

" I don't remember any of this I promise."

" Do you think that this could be a side effect from the wreck?"

" No I mean I remember everything from this morning, but I don't remember Renee at all. I was in another world. I have some things on my mind." He said looking away out his window. I rolled my eyes with annoyance and jumped out of the Jeep and ran into the house up to my room. I slammed my door and locked it behind me. It wasn't long after that I heard a knock at the door.

" Li please just open the door. Don't be like this please. It's not like I wanted her to do that."

" But you did!" I yelled at the door. He huffed and I heard shuffling at the top of the door. He was looking for the key to the door. He finally found it and opened the door, but I ran up and hit him in the chest. He caught my hands and pulled me against his body into a tight hug. Tears streamed down my face soiling his baby blue polo. He bagan to pet my hair to soothe me. " You know how I feel about her! You know how I feel about guys!" I yelled reminding him of my hatred for Renee and my fear of being cheated on. He pulled back with disbelief in his eyes.

" How? How could you ever think I would do that to you?"

" I don't think you will. It's just the thought of it happeneing is what scares me and also the fact that it's Renee who wants you."

" She will never have me. I'm yours now and forever. Cross my heart." He said bending down to place a sweet peck onto my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week should be a happy week for everyone between the guys asking and the football game, but not for Jake. The doctor told Jake that he isn't allowed to play football EVER again. Since football is a full contact sport he is afraid of another head injury that may cost Jake his life. Jake is being reasonable, but he is still very upset about it all. Jake will still be the teams captain for the rest of the year as voted on by his teammates, but Austin will fill in for the time being as the Quarterback.

After the game was the homecoming dance where the King and Queen would be announced. The people in running for Queen would be; Renee Holmes, Rae Martin, Noelle Johnson, and Mae Trevino. The people in running for King would be; Jake Micheals, Austin Till, Kevin Grant, and Bobby Brown. Most likely to win would be Jake and Renee, but I was going to do anything in my power to stop that from happening.

I began campaigning for Jake and Mae, I wanted Austin to win with Mae but what kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't campaign for my own boyfriend. Plus, Austin already told me that he had no interest in winning homecoming king. Other than that I was really looking forward to this Friday.

After school I climbed into my car and headed home. Jake told me I would have to drive today because he wasn't going to be home until late. I sang the whole way home to the blaring music in my car. I shrieked at the song that floated through my speakers. It was One Directions Little Things. I sang every lyric.  I wasn't like a true die hard " OMG IT'S ONE DIRECTION" fan, but Liam Payne is definitely my favorite. The song ended just as I turned into my driveway. I grabbed my stuff out of my car and walked to the front door. I put the key in and twisted the door knob and pushed the it open. I began to proceed into my house, but I stopped when I saw rose petals lining the floor. Curiously I followed them in which led into the kitchen. There laid a single rose with a note attached. I picked up the note and began to read...

" Elizabeth Smith will you do me, Jake Micheals, the honor of being my date for the Homecoming dance this Fiday, January 11, 2013?  P.S. Turn around."

With that I turned around and there stood Jake in a tux with a bundle of roses in his hand. Tears began to fall down my face and all I could to was nod my head virgorously. I ran to Jake and jumped up and wrapped my legs around his body and placed many kisses onto his lips.