Cross Your Heart (Chapter Fifteen)

~Authors Note~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've been busy with school, and there are so many dances and dinners coming up too. I've also had terrible writers block, so I'm going to do my best to try and update regularly! So here's the long awaited Chapter Fifteen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys ran out through the tunnel all suited up in their football pads and uniforms with the cheerleaders doing round-off back hand springs. The crowd stood up hooting and hollering for our team. Soon our school band started playing various songs to get the football players pumped up. I glanced down at the line of football players nodding their head with the beat and they start to jump around as the song takes off. I laugh to myself when I see Jake doing the same. Doctors orders were that Jake couldn't play football anymore, but that didn't mean he couldn't be down on the field cheering his team on. I was brought out of my toughts when the announcer said it was time for the National Anthem. Everyone quieted and the band began to play. As the song was ending our boys started slapping each others football pads.

I still felt bad that Jake couldn't play anymore because I still felt like the accident was my fault. If I hadn't made him angry he would be fine and would be playing tonight. I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated indicating a text message.

What's wrong?

I looked down to the field and straight into Jake's eyes. How did he know something was wrong?

Nothing. I'm just nervous. I mean what if you don't get crowned king tonight? :)

Ok sure I lied but I couldn't tell him that I thought I was the cause of the accident. He would only try to convince me that I had nothing to do with it and that if it was anyones fault it would've been his. My phone vibrated again.

It wouldn't matter because I have the most beautiful date in the world. ;) x

I could feel my cheeks begin to warm and no doubt they were a bright red. Before i could reply I recieved another text.

Wow... I didn't know you could get so red. ;)

WHAT??? He could see my blushed cheeks from the field? My phone vibrated again.

Yes I can see your cheeks from here and before you ask how I know... I'm your best friend remember??

I just looked down at him and laughed. He smiled back and gave me a wink. I took out my phone and replied.

You need to stop that!

Stop what?? ;) xx

Reading my mind!!! and making me blush!

Why? Your cute when you blush.xx

Ugh. You suck!

My cheeks began to heat up again.

There it goes again. haha xx

STOP! Pay attention to the game!

I looked up from my phone to the scoreboard and it said it was the start of the third quarter. What? Already? Oh well. The score said we were crushing the other team 42-10. Well I guess we are going to win this one, so I got up to head home and get ready for the dance. Since we were such a small school our dances were held in our gym after the football games. I jumped into my car and headed home. I walked in my house and i was greeted by my mom.

" So how was the game? It's kind of early for it to be over isn't it?"

" Yeah. It's the beginning of the third and we are winning 42-10 so I decided to leave early to get ready for the dance." I explained to her and then ran up to my room to get ready. As I was about to get into the shower Jake texted me asking why I left, so I told him the same thing I told my mom and jumped into the shower.