Bruises and Birthdays

Over the next couple weeks, my face slowly healed from when Taeyang slapped me, but she only seemed to get worse. She would run me into lockers and scold me from across the courtyard, it only made Jae move closer to me. Seoyeon and I figure she is waiting for another time to confront me. In my personal life, things got a little lonelier. The guys started to have more late nights since they were close to their comeback. After their lesson, they would send me home alone but would be there in the morning to walk me to school. They still didn't know what was happening at school which I was grateful for, they didn't need to worry about me on top of the comeback.

As I sat in the practice room waiting for them to join me for their lesson I get a phone call from Seoyeon.

Hey, what's up?
Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight?
Um, I don't know. I have to get my assignments done tonight, the guys are shooting their video tomorrow and asked me to come along.
Come on, please? I feel like I haven't been able to actually talk to you in days and we can study together. My mom will kill me if I get another D.
Yeah, okay. Um, do you know where BigHit is? If not I can send you the address. I have their English lesson, it should only be an hour. Want to meet here and we can go to my place together?
That works for me! Mind if I stay over? I need a break from my brother.
Yeah that's fine. I'll have to kick you out around nine tomorrow though.
Cool, I will bring snacks and movies for when we are finished studying. I'll see you in about an hour.
Yeah, okay see you soon.

They walk in at the end of my phone call, "Who was that?" Taehyung asks taking a seat next to me. "Seoyeon, I guess I am having a sleepover tonight." I say pulling out sheets of paper. "Oh, how fun!" He says hugging me, "Yeah, it'll be nice having someone in the house with me." I regret my comment instantly and look at him apologetically. The group gives me a soft smile, "What's on the agenda today, Y/n?" Namjoon asks. I hold up the worksheets, "More writing and pronunciation." I hand them out, and put my head on Taehyungs shoulder. They begin their work and I begin mine. I end up staring off into space before begin snapped back into reality when Jimin says my name. "Hmm?" I say picking my head up, "I asked how school was today?" I nod, "Good. I haven't walked into a pole so." I smile, and so does he.

Before I know it, their lesson is over. I gather my things and start to head for the door when my name is called again, I turn to face the voice. Jimin comes over to me, and hugs me goodbye. "We miss you." He whispers and squeezes me tighter. I nod and pull away. "Have fun tonight!" Jin yells as I walk out the door, I wave to acknowledge the fact that I heard him. I shuffle my way down the stairs to find Seoyeon outside the entrance. "Hey girl, you ready? We are going to have so much fun!" She wraps her arm around me and practically skips the whole way home.

I open my door and head straight for my dining room table. I sit down and sigh, "Ok, out with it. The whole reason I wanted to come over is because I knew something was bugging you. I get not wanting to tell them or Jae, but you know you can tell me." She takes a seat next to me. I lift my head from my hands, "I'm just a little stressed I guess. I know that Taeyang is going to make another move to keep Jae away from me, and it is just stressful not knowing when it is going to happen. Or what is going to happen,  if she is going to hurt me is it going to be visible so that I am going to have to come clean to the guys about what is going on? Then school on top of that? Their lessons? Not being able to spend time with them?" A tear starts to stream down my face, and she pulls me in for a hug.

"Don't stress about Taeyang. Jae told me that he has it under control, she isn't going to come after you as long as he is around. As for the guys, why don't you tell them how you are feeling? I get not wanting to worry them, but the people who love you are going to worry regardless of whether you tell them things or not. I have been worried about you lately, so has Jae and Daehyun." She wipes the tears from my face, and gets up to grab me a tissue. "I guess you're right. Thank you, for being concerned and for coming over. It's nice to have someone here with me again." I wipe my eyes. "Want to do our work later? I'll make sure you pass with at least a C+. I just don't feel like working right now." I chuckle and she nods.