Survival Of The Fittest

At dawn the soft susurration of the leaves that had been Clarke's lullaby through the night became a fierce rustling, loud enough to drown out the chorus of the birds. She sat up from the bed and briskly brushed strands of hair from her face. Bellamy was nowhere to be seen in the room and Clarke immediately assumed he'd left. She quickly put on her clothes and frantically ran outside in search for him. Her mind only rested when she saw him with Lincoln deep in conversation. Mount Weather. Clarke thought. Clarke walked up to them at a slow pace not entirely wanting to interrupt their conversation. Before she could even reach them Bellamy turned and stared at her.

" What the hell are you doing here Clarke?" Bellamy questioned while approaching her.
"Were you going to leave without saying goodbye?" Clarke questioned accusingly.
Bellamy frowned," Yes, that was the idea. Its not like I'd be gone forever Clarke."
Clarke sighs and takes his hand in hers," Please be careful. I need you. We all need you."
Bellamy nodded in agreement to her statement." Raven said once we're inside, we should get ahold of a radio from the guards and then we can communicate with you guys. Now as much as Id like to stay here. Lincoln and I gotta leave."

" Arent you going to say goodbye to your sister. She's going to be pissed at you, y'know." Clarke said. She was desperate and was trying to come up with any excuse that would make Bellamy stay a bit longer.

" Just tell her I love her, okay." Bellamy said, a smirk on his face.

" I don't need to. She already knows." Clarke said nonchalantly.

Bellamy wrapped Clarke in a warm swaddle of his chest and arms. Clarke didn't want him to leave. It felt as if when she's in his arms all her worries and pain went away- mental and physical. If I could stay in his arms forever. Clarke thought.

" I'll see you when I get back." Bellamy said while pulling reluctantly away from Clarke. They stared at each other and as if reading each others thoughts, they kiss, passionately, conveying all that they could not with their words.

•————————————•
The drone of insects humming started the usual routine of awaking dawn. Slowly, the forest came alive with the layers of sounds echoing in the cold morning air. Bellamy and Lincoln walked in silence not having much to say to each other.

" Why did you save my sister? I mean you didn't know her, you could've left her for dead but you didn't." Bellamy said trying to lighten the mood with a conversation about the one thing they have in common.

Lincoln kept walking in silence and Bellamy assumed it was a bad idea to talk to him, " When I was a boy, a sky person fell from the ark and onto earth. For three days, I tended to this man, then when I told my father about him, he ordered me to kill him. Ever since, the world has been trying to turn me into a monster for as long as I can remember."

Bellamy could see the hurt on Lincoln's face. He thought of how traumatic the experience must have been for him as a boy and felt sorry and guilty for the way he treated him.

" Im sorry," was all he could manage to say to him not exactly knowing what to say that would help lessen his pain.

" We need to hunt," Lincoln said ignoring Bellamy's advances at an apology.

"Why, it's not like we're going to camp." Bellamy said with a confused look. Their orders were to go straight to the tunnels and wait for the reapers to go on a raid.

" One of us has to go as a reaper. We need a disguise. Blood and limestone will do." Lincoln said.

" Why cant we both go as reapers?" Bellamy questioned clearly irritated at the way Lincoln is holding out crucial information.