Patience Is A Virtue

"Will you stop pacing, you're making everyone uncomfortable" Clarke said to Wells who hadn't settled ever since they arrived in the room where they were waiting for the commander. The guards had told them the commander was busy with her people. They had been in the room for nearly an hour without the commander showing up and they were growing impatient.

" How can you be so calm, Clarke? For all we know our people have already been hung upside down ready to be drained the life out of them." Wells said frantically while yelling at Clarke.

"Don't talk like that," Clarke yelled back. " They are okay and we're going to get them back, be patient."

"Patience is the luxury we can't afford at the moment," Wells screamed at Clarke.

" Both of you, shut up." Bellamy said to both Clarke and Wells. " We need to stay focused now more than ever. We'll get your parents back and the rest of our people. I promise."

He said the last part while looking at Clarke as if to assure her that everything will be alright.

Wells scoffed," So easy for you to say, your parent isn't the one being drained right now,"
"Wells just stop okay, you're not the only one whose parent is missing. Miller and Monty's parents are missing too, my mother is missing but we're trying to stay focused. Yelling won't bring them back. So just shut the hell up."

Clarke screamed at Wells. Everyone stared at Clarke and Wells in amusement, they were bestfriends, everyone knew that much. No one had ever seen them have such a heated argument before and they were surprised. The room was quiet filled with a hanging tension that Monty cleared it by speaking. " Bellamy is right, we need to stay focused now more than ever. I suggest some of us go back to camp and make sure everyone is okay. We need to warn them about the mountain men too."

" Murphy, you and Miller should go with Monty back to camp and make sure everyone is safe." Bellamy said. " The rest of us will stay here and hope the commander hears us out this time."

As Murphy, Miller and Monty were leaving, the commander entered the room with her guards on both sides.

" I can see some of your people have lost their patience," said Lexa while pointing out to Murphy and his friends leaving through the door.

"They're just going back to camp to warn the others about the mountain men." Clarke said.
" Clarke, I gave you and your people two days to leave my territory and yet here you are." Lexa posed and stared at Clarke, her eyes showing no emotions. " I hope whatever it is you want to say to me is important or you and your people burn at the stake."

Clarke breathed deeply and sighed," the mountain men, we know how to stop them and we would like you to join us. We believe they have been a problem for the grounders for decades." Clarke searched Lexa's eyes for interest in whatever she was saying but as always she showed no emotions.

"Clarke, we've been at war with the mountain men for decades and you think you can stop them. You skaikru," Lexa said with a laugh. It wasn't heartfelt. "Have you ever been to war?"
" No, but we're willing to fight if it means we get to stay. The mountain men have our people and I believe they have your people too. The enemy of my enemy... you're familiar with that right." Clarke said almost pleading.

"Have you ever seen the acid fog and the reapers?" Questioned Lexa. The acid fog was the primary weapon used by the mountain men to keep away intruders near their territory. When deployed the toxic fog spread through an area paralyzing, burning and killing those caught within. With all their bravery, the grounders were scared of the acid fog.

" Lincoln told us about it," replied Clarke.

" If you can get past the acid fog and the reapers maybe I can consider offering my assistance and letting you stay." Lexa said. " Your technology is like that of the mountain men. Therefore I suppose you can find a way for us inside the bunker."

"We will, I promise," Clarke said with a smile of relief.

Lexa stood with her guards beside her and gave them orders to treat the skaikru like her guests and should be given their own rooms in the camp.

" You have till dawn Clarke, you and your friends should have a way for us. Or the deal is off." And with that she left the room.

"I like her already," said Raven sarcastically.