Chapter Ten: Emptiness

A/N: Hey everyone! This chapter is in Mason's point of view. Speaking of Mason, I attached a picture on how I imagine Mason. Tell me if you agree or nah? Again, sorry, it's another short chapter.  Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

~Rose
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bad part about our mind reading powers were that, to be able to read one's mind, there had to be, maximum, 50 feet between the person and us.

Listening to thoughts sounded exactly like listening to the person whisper. It was a faint sound that rang in the back of your head. It was pretty much impossible to be aware if someone was accompanying your thoughts. But there was a way on how to block eavesdroppers from hearing your thoughts. However, I had no idea how to do that.

I walked down the long crowded hallways of our mansion-like school. As I walked past many unfamiliar and familiar faces, I caught someone staring at me. She had big, wide brown eyes, that was watching me expressionless. She had the long frizzy and wild auburn curls. She had a different look in her eyes; emptiness. I felt her lack of emotion. Wondering her intentions, I focused on her thoughts, but only heard grim silence. Was she not thinking at all? I felt her impassive eyes drilling into me, watching me as I walked away. It made me feel uncomfortable causing me to pace faster.

I entered history class and took my seat. My desk was directly across the door from the hallway, allowing me to see students that passed by. Conveniently, Melissa's locker was right in front of history class enabling me to catch a glimpse of her from class. She was clumsily taking out stuff from her locker. I smiled, she was cute when she was in a hurry. Troy approached Melissa, slapping the smile off my face instantly. I watched every move Troy made deliberately, clenching my fists. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but I noticed that Melissa wasn't fond with talking to him. As if knowing I was watching them, Troy turned around and peered into my class. A heinous smirk shifted on his face when we came eye to eye. In an instant, Luke and Jacob cornered Melissa. Luke grabbed Melissa's hands and Jacob covered her mouth, making sure her shrieks didn't escape. They dragged her down the hall, until they weren't in my sight of view.

I quickly got up and stormed out of class. I grew furious with the thought of them harming Melissa. I sprinted down the hallway and found Troy who peacefully entering his class. No Melissa, Luke or Jacob in sight.  I gripped on his collar and shoved him against the lockers, causing him to let out a big gasp of pain.

"Where the hell is she?" I demanded.

"Melissa?" He asked placidly.

I gripped onto his collar tighter with more force the moment he said her name.

Troy looked in to my eyes and laughed. "Don't worry." He continued. "She's only going to be in my bed in a couple hours."

"Fuck you, you bastard." I pushed him harder into the lockers.

I punched him numerous times until he became conscious. Students filled the halls from the loud moans and wails of Troy.

I crouched down and pulled Troy's head up, and whispered, "I told you to stay away from Melissa." I fixed up my shirt as I walked out of the crowd that surrounded Troys conscious body lying on the floor.

As I walked out of the school's building, a question came to my mind. Where the hell were all the teachers?

I focused around my surroundings, attempting to hear her thoughts. Maybe then I could find her. It was useless. I couldn't hear anything. Where did those assholes take Melissa? My hands were shaking with rage and I couldn't think straight. I needed to calm down. I walked over to the parking lot, and passed by cars trying to find mine. I heard sobbing noises coming from behind a car. Melissa?

Hope filled my chest. I ran towards the crying noises.

"Melissa?" I called out.

The girl with the wild auburn curly hair was sitting on the asphalt, crying. She quickly wiped away her tears with her oversized sweater when she noticed me approaching. Her eyes met mine. I felt the same intriguing feeling; emptiness.