Chapter Six: Your Superhero

A/N: Hello everyone! :D This chapter is also on Melissa's perspective. And quick update: I updated the character's ages. Mason and Melissa are 17, and Liz is 18. Also, I guarantee you, there's some suspense in this chapter. Anyways, Enjoy! xD

~Rose
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After exiting the long alley, I realized that Mason was still holding my hand. I quickly pulled away.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I sensed you were in danger." Mason winked with a grin.

"Well, I wasn't in danger. I could of handled a couple assholes myself."

"Well, I wanted to come for your rescue." God, he was such a flirt.

"Well, I don't need you or your smartass superhero remarks." He laughed at what I said, looking down.

I rolled my eyes, "That wasn't a joke." I replied, walking away while holding tightly on to my backpack.

I expected him to walk after me, still trying to annoy me with flirty remarks, but he hadn't. My heart sank a little, but I quickly pushed the disappointment away. I entered my apartment, and put my stuff down. The lights were off, there wasn't anyone home like usual. I changed into my comfortable pajamas, and entered our little kitchen. I was craving hot chocolate. I made myself a cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows and went back to my room. In my room, there was a closet with a door that led to another smaller room. I decorated the smaller room's walls with Christmas lights, quotes, paintings, and pictures, making collages. However, one wall was a full on bookshelf, filled with my favorite books although I loved reading pretty much anything. I had colorful flowers hanging from the bookshelves adding more color to the room. The other wall, across from the bookshelf wall, was completely mirror. It made the room look wider, reflecting every corner of the room. I didn't have much furniture in this small room, except for two pink bean bags and one comfy turquoise sofa that matched my turquoise pokadot shaggy carpet. Across from my sofa was a large dress cabinet that I used to store junk food. I was a sucker for junk food.

Even though my room was just as nice and decorative as the room in my closet, I spent more time in there than out here. My walls were professionally painted of the blue sky with big, white, puffy clouds that reminded me of cotton candy. There was a window with curtains next to my desk. My curtains also had a sky design, matching my walls. Next to my desk, was my colorful bookshelf in the shape of an hot air balloon. This bookshelf, however, had my make-up, perfume, lotion, and jewelry placed on it. Across from my desk was my queen sized bed. I had pillows and mattresses with emojis on them, ruining the whole sky theme I was going for, but I liked it this way. I also had a balcony in my room. There wasn't much of a view from my balcony except for the building across that blocked the beautiful city.

I put my mug down on my nightstand and picked up my phone. I had received a text from a number I did not recognize.

"I'm not always a flirt. I will prove it to you starting now. -Your Superhero. ;)"

After a minute, I received another text.

"Wait, wait. Does ;) count as flirting?"

A smile lingered on my lips as I replied. It was Mason, obviously.

"Yes, ;) counts as flirting. And I'm not even going to ask how you got my number."

He replied instantly.

"Lol, let's just say I read your mind. ;)"

"He's never going to learn." I thought.

Just as I was about to reply, I loud bang came from the kitchen, causing me to jerk up. I heard footsteps slowly walking towards my bedroom. I froze. My parents were coming home late at night, who the hell was in my house? My heartbeat sped up, as ran to my door and locked it. The footsteps were slow and heavy, taking its time. I grabbed my phone and raced to the balcony. I looked back and noticed my door knob twisting as someone attempted to unlock it. My balcony was attached to stairs in case of a fire emergency. And right now, I was extremely grateful for whoever came up with it. I realized it had gotten awfully quiet. The person behind the door had stopped twisting the door knob. Then within a second, a knife was stabbed into my door. I shrieked as I hurried down the stairs. I ran as far away from my house, at the same time trying to reach my parents. Both phones were off. Shit. Shit. Shit. I decided to call the police. But my hands were shaking with fear, making them useless. My heart beat was faster than the speed of light. I was sprinting down the alley without looking ahead until two hands stopped me, holding me steady. I looked up and I saw those green eyes. The green eyes that offered the sense of safety for absolutely no reason. Mason.

"Woah there. You look like you just saw a ghost." He smiled.

I was out of breath. "My house," I took a deep breath, "Someone," I took another deep breath, "Knife." I shook my head along with hands.

His eyes sparkled with curiosity and worry. "Wait, calm down. Explain from the beginning what happened."

I explained to him what I went through, and he immediately dialed the police.

After talking to the police, he started smiling.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously.

"You still think I'm not your superhero?" He asked with a flirtatious grin.

"Not until I see you in a mask and cape." I smirked at the thought of him in a superhero costume.

When we arrived to my apartment, the police were already there examining the scene, only to notice that there was no knife marks on my door or any misplacement of our furniture.

Had I imagined everything?