0.5

*Authors note* Okay so here's chapter five. I decided that I will be updating on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm just updating early because I couldn't wait. Any way I dedicate this chapter to Sxcrxts_xx for being Bae af.

Cx Lia

Skylar's POV

I wake up to the feeling of someone's arm around my waist. I quickly look around unaware of where I am but based on my surroundings I knew one thing. This isn't my room. I finally have the courage to turn around and see who I was laying with when I come face to face with a sleeping Luke. He looks so peaceful. I start to calm down as I remember the events of yesterday. I continued to study Luke for a few minutes before realizing that I should go home. Or well to my house, that awful place will never be home. I can't even last one day their without them calling me a freak.

I struggle to get out of Luke's grip for a while before realizing that it was nearly impossible. After another 15 minutes of struggling to get out of his grip I finally escape replacing myself with a pillow. I walk out of his room and towards the door deciding not to leave a note because he probably won't care that I'm gone anyway. I check the time on my phone before I walk out the door. 2:48pm. Shit I thought my fucked up sleeping schedule would actually help with the jet leg but I guess I was wrong because I'm still extremely tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the house(Luckily they left it unlocked) only to be greeted by my lovely foster mom Stephanie. Note the sarcasm.

"Where have you been?" She shouts angrily at me. I'm about five feet away and I can still smell the alcohol on her breath.

I roll my eyes and continue to my room only to be stopped.

"I said where the fuck have you been!" Stephanie screeches getting more agitated.

I ignore her and continue to my room only to have her yank me back by the arm.

"Answer me you fucking freak" She yells as her palm comes in contact with my face.

Luke's POV*

I wake up finding that I'm the all alone. I frown and look around to see if Sky was still there but I realize that she was gone. I get up and open my window being surprised when I see Sky at her window facing me as if she was waiting for me.

She sees me and her eyes instantly light up. Writing something on the notepad she was holding.

'Hi'

I quickly look around my room for blank paper. I finally find a stack of paper and a marker and write her back.

'Hey'

'How are you'

'Fine...Have you been crying'

I see her freeze and then laugh a little

'It's that obvious'

'Yea, what happened'

'I don't want to talk about it'

'Did you cut your hair?'

She just looks away and nods before turning back to her window

'I like it'

After she was done reading the paper she looked at me and smiled. Then I thought of something.

'Do you want to go out?'

Her eyes widened as she started to blush. I get confused until I realize what I wrote.

'No no no I don't mean go out I mean like go somewhere. Escape for a little bit maybe I could show you around town'

She glanced at the door and got up and closed it before walking to the window and writing back

'Okay, give me fifteen minutes'

Skylar's POV*

I set my notebook and marker down on the nightstand before closing my curtains and walking to my closet realizing that I was still wearing Luke's clothing.

I pull out some worn jeans and an American flag sweater. (AN: outfit above or to the side) I quickly change and the go into my connecting bathroom to do my makeup, putting foundation over the red spot on my check where Monica hit me. When I'm done I brush through my hair, slip on my combat boots,grab my purse and walk out the door.

I make my way over to Lukes house but before I had time to knock or ring the doorbell, the door swings open and reveals Luke. Had he been waiting for me. I dismiss the thought realizing that Luke was speaking.

I look up to him giving him a confused glance.

He laughs and replies

"I said, are you ready to go"

I nod my head yes.

"Well than come on Sky!" He says motioning me to follow him towards his car. I cringe at the name but continue following him to his car.

"I like your sweater by the way, it's a good way to point out to everyone that your American" Luke states laughing. I look down at my sweater blushing. I like this sweater.

Luke's POV*

After we're all situated in our seats i turn to Skylar.

"I have the entire day planned out so don't worry about anything"

She nods her head and I start the car heading to our first destination: The Mall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get out of the car and the first place I take her is the food court. I realized that I hadn't eaten all day and I was starving.

We both order a slice of pizza and after a long argument on who was going to pay I paid for the pizza and sat down giving Skylar her plate.

"I could of paid you know" she types on her phone sliding it over to me.

"No you couldn't, money in Aussie is different from money in the U.S." I say laughing.

She shakes her head stubbornly and grabs her phone typing something else in it.

"Who says I dont have Australian money?" I read after she slides in over to me.

"oh well do you?" I question her already knowing the answer.

She shyly shakes her head no as I laugh loudly gaining weird looks from some of the people around us.

We finish our pizza in silence, mainly because Sky doesn't talk and its hard to keep up a conversation with her. As soon as we finish our pizza I throw away our trash and grab Skylar's hand leading her to almost every store in the mall.

By the time we are done exploring the mall it is already 6:48. We head out of the mall and on to our next destination. The park. Now I know what your thinking what's so special about the park and that's exactly it. There's nothing special about it. It's just an old abandoned park that no one goes to anymore. But I think that's why I like it so much. It's like my safe haven.

We pull of to the sidewalk and park and Sky's eyes go wide. She looks at me and smiles quickly pulling me out of the car and too the swings. She sits down and looks at me. I get the hint and walk behind her and start pushing her. We stay like that for a while before I join her on the other swing.

After a while I stand up and take her hand. She looks up at me with confusion.

"We're going on a walk"

She nods he head and stands with me. After a while of walking I check the time. 10:43.

"Come on I should get you home" she shakes her head no and drags me toward a ton of flashing lights. Then I see where we're headed. The Carnival.