im going

Early the next morning, the smell of pancakes and bacon filtered through the air. Stretching, I stood up and walked to the kitchen to find my friend making breakfast with.. With Megamind. Great.

"Morning y/n!" F/n cheered.

Megamind looked up and smiled, handing f/n some chocolate chips to make chocolate chip pancakes.

I settled down at the table near the kitchen and watched them bake. "Any plans for today, f/n?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Ah, yes! I need to go to the lab and gather supplies for the serum. Also, Megamind and i were talking.."

Great, what is he/she gonna say?

"We learned that only specific things can go through the 'portal' and were testing it out all morning. As it turns out, we are gonna go to Megaminds universe and-"

I cut them off. "You act like this is just a vacation trip! We don't know if we will be okay over there and you are wanting to go with a stranger? Theres super people there, and im pretty sure it makes it harder for us to even go and try to stay there. You need to be wary of how itll impact us as well as his universe."

There was silence except for the sizzling of bacon.

"You don't have to come with." F/n said.

I stood up and rolled my shoulders, them being tense. "You just need to understand the safety is all."

F/n slammed down the bowl of pancake batter and shot me a glare. "Why do you act as if I don't know this? I am a fully grown adult and am aware of things going wrong, I've been looking through this last night."

Megamind stayed silent through all of this.

I stopped rolling my shoulders and gave a small nervous laugh. I started tension I didn't know how to rid of. "I'll go with you. I am aware you are fully capable to take care of yourself, but I will do my best to help you and...Megamind," I said his name with grit teeth. "As best as I can."

F/N tapped their fingers around the rim of the bowl and grinned wide. "Perfect! We will head out today."

"T-today? Shouldn't there be planning, preparing, anything?" I rambled on, but F/N just grabbed my arm gently.

"You see," they spoke soft. "I knew you'd come, so we already have everything packed." They gave a small grin gently shaking my arm, earning a glare from me.

"I can not believe you." I groaned, snatching my hand from their hold.