𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞

Start from the beginning

Several moments later, after they enjoyed their lunch at Doc's restaurant, Quinn takes BabyDoll to her apartment for the very first time. This is a very rare moment, as only a handful of people know where she lives. She wouldn't have it this way, she loves company too much, but it's for her safety.

Today, BabyDoll and her will be interviewing some potential roommates, and that's even pushing it. No one can ever get their hands on her address. And that's why she has to take down whoever posted it online before Amanda Waller and her army of men find it.

"I'm telling you, if you have a crush on a boy, you have to show him who's boss beforehand," she warns BabyDoll after she had asked her for advice on dating boys — not that Jane or any of her alters, especially Flit, would ever let her. "Or else, they'll run all over you and make you their sick little puppet. Trust me, you don't want that to happen. I mean, look at what happened to me." BabyDoll and her walk into her apartment, Quinn holding a giant bag of dog food in her arms. "Shut that door and lock it, please. And keep your sticky paws to yourself, okay?"

BabyDoll, smiling and blushing, happily locks the front door as Harley sets down the bag food on the living room floor, by the couch. "I think you're talking about Flit," she retorts, laughing as she mentions her protector and the alter most likely to steal from you when you least expect it. "My hands are anything but sticky, thank you very much!"

Harley Quinn rolls her eyes and smiles. "Right," she replies and straightens up with a sigh, placing her hands on her hips and looking around her living room. Everything seems in the right place. No one is here. Nothing has moved. She can finally relax. "This place... Well, it ain't much, but it's better than a prison cell."

"It's so big and pretty," BabyDoll awes as she spins around the grand living room, taking in all her surroundings as Harleen watches from the sidelines. She is amused by BabyDoll's enthusiasm. She's not going soft or anything, but she has to admit, it is kinda nice having a kid around — well, technically a kid trapped in an adult's body, but nevertheless a kid.

"Yeah," she agrees, nodding. "Well, I got lucky."

Then, BabyDoll's attention is drawn to something else in the room — two giant hyenas casually lounging on the couch! They look nonthreatening, with her heads dipped and their tails wagging in the air, but the mere sight of them nonetheless frightens her, as she immediately turns back around, screaming, and hides behind Harleen's figure after seeing the two giant beasts.

Harley just laughs at her reaction, tilting her head back as she finds some sort of odd amusement in all of this. "Ha, ha! It's okay," she coos, her laughter simmering down as she looks back at the frightened girl. "They're nice hyenas! They won't hurt you, I promise."

Slowly and cautiously, BabyDoll peeks her head out from Harleen's shadow to look at the set of hyenas, who haven't even moved an inch, despite her loud reaction. Her heart starts to calm down finally, and she looks up at the blond, still hesitant. "I-I've never seen one in real life before..."

"I named that one Brucie after that smexy, billionaire guy and the other Eddie after my old chump," Harley Quinn makes light conversation in attempts of making her feel at ease as she casually walks over to the beastly hyenas and takes a seat in front of them, waving around a dried-up hotdog she snatched off a table on her way to the couch. "You're my little dumplings, aren't you," she is speaking to her pet hyenas in a baby voice as BabyDoll's attention shifts to a stuffed beaver wearing a pink tutu, a tiny tiara and a candy necklace. "Aren't you, my little babies? Aren't you? Yes. I love you." She stuffs the stiff hotdog into her mouth and waves it around the air for them to take a bite out of.