{2} Cross

Killer's POV
You know, when Cross suggested to check the library, I thought it'd be a bit more exciting than sitting around for hours on end just looking through books. Seriously, I can barely read and yet they're expecting me to be of help here?

"Guys..? I don't mean to just give up on hope or anything but like.. we've been here for almost five hours."

"Killer?"

"Dust."

"We've been here for at most half an hour."

"Half an hour.. multiplied by 10..?"

"Nope, just half an hour. Besides, we're making good progress here, I don't think we'll have to-"

"I found it, I think."

Everyone turned to Error, who was reading a book titled 'Voodoo Magic for Beginners'.

"..We're not trusting a book like that, right?"

I guess the nervousness in my voice was obvious, because Error shot back almost immediately.

"We're literal murders who have lost most of our sanity and you're questioning a Voodoo book?"

"Fair."

Dust sighed and walked over to where Error was sat. I was surprised Error could read without his glasses on, but I guess he's smarter than I took him for.

"Let me see it, it depends if we have the magic capabilities to-"

"No magic needed, apparently. It's like a drink or something, I dunno, I read the title and it seemed like what we were looking for."

"I hope it's what we're looking for, since you're the one who caused this me- agh!"

A slipper hit me slap-bang on the middle of my face. I could hear Error's poorly stifled laughter as Dust mumbled something to himself.

"Great, we need ingredients."

After regaining my composure from Error's attack, I turned to Cross to see what type of mischief he was getting up to.

"..What ingredients, Dust?"

Cross was never usually one to be serious for too long, but the past four days? He'd barely been in the mood to joke around for whatever reason, did he care about Nightmare that much..?

"It's ingredients from all different AUs, some from genocide timelines, some from corrupted timelines, some from pacifist timelines.. there's one ingredient that's in one of the locked AUs that not even Nightmare can get to.."

"I can most likely get that. Well, if you say it's a good thing to try we should get to work on finding all that stuff ASAP, right?"

"You're just tired of staying her-mmph-!"

Another slipper thrown at my face.

"Anyway.. Killer, I need you to head to one of the Horrortale pacifist AUs and fetch one of the echo flowers, that shouldn't be too difficult.. but.."

"But?"

"But it's a place that Dream frequents, so you should be careful. If you get into a fight you need to remember that even though Nightmare would be able to sense it, he won't be coming to anybody's rescue."

"Yeah, yeah, I can defend myself, Dusty~!"

"Uh huh, sure. Error, do you remember what you need to fetch?"

"Yeah, you know what the item is, right? Like.. you understand it'll take three weeks for me to actually get it?"

There was silence from everyone for a few seconds before Dust grabbed Error by the top of his turtleneck.