Seize

Outside the Dream (A Junjou Romantica Fanfiction)

Chapter Twenty-One: Seize
Slight lemon warning :3
Enjoy!
_______________

Misaki's POV:

"Misaki," Usagi whispered onto my lips, "will you marry me?"

I paused for a moment, not completely sure I had heard him right. Did he just ask me to marry him? It wouldn't even be legal here...how could we do it? I loved Usagi more than anything, and marrying him would be a pleasure that I would take in a heartbeat, but after all that's happened, I could only think that I would be a burden to him. Even now, he's become a mess over something that isn't his concern, but one he'd adopted as if it were. My safety.

"Usagi..." I breathed as I touched his chest with trembling fingers. My eyes flickered up to meet his, and the gaze returned to me was nothing less than disheartening.

His deep lavender eyes glistened with allurement, but in addition, his eyebrows drawn low near his eyes, tapering up toward the middle, only made his expression seem more frantic than lustful. His lips were pressed and his chest expended rather rapidly.

"It isn't even legal here," I reasoned, cupping his face. Usagi wrapped one of his large hands around my wrist and brought it to his lips, "Then we'll go somewhere it is."

There was a pause, and no words were said for a few moments.

Until I whispered, "Yes."

Usagi's lips pulled back in a large grin, as I felt my own do the same. He pulled me over and tilted my chin up. Brushing his thumb across my lip, he leaned forward just as I thought he'd go for a kiss, he pulled me into his chest with a hug tighter than I could've imagined.

"U-Usagi," I slapped pathetically at his shoulders, "I can't breathe."

A chuckle rocked his chest and he leaned back. The room fell silent for a moment as my gaze fell to my balled up hands before his broad chest.

"Misaki," he muttered.

My eyes flicked up.

"I swear, the only thing harder than keeping myself under control around you, is looking at that adorable face without smiling," another grin twisted his lips and he kissed my forehead before digging into his pocket and pulling out a dark blue ring box.

As he pulled the top open, I stared down in awe at a gorgeous platinum ring embedded into a white pillow. I took it gingerly between my index finger and my thumb, and Usagi pulled it from my grip before I could even admire it.

I clicked my tongue a bit childishly, I'll admit, and Usagi slipped the precious metal onto my left ring finger.

"Now you can gawk all you want," Usagi said into my ear. As I marveled at the engagement ring that fit so perfectly around my finger, I felt Usagi bury his head into the nape of my neck, going up until he was fixed into my hair.

He inhaled deeply, and as he exhaled, he sighed, "Lemons and velvet."

I arched an eyebrow, "Pardon?"

"Nothing," he assured a bit too quickly.

Usagi kisses me swiftly, but in a way that left me wanting more. My lips prickled with a strange need to feel his, and my fingers hovered up on their own and wrapped around the collar of his shirt rather roughly as I pulled him to me.

His lips were pressed at first, probably in surprise, but only a moment was he phased, because he soon latched a hand near the top of my neck and tilted my head back in a position that allowed better access.

As I pushed him away, not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I couldn't breathe, he looked down at me, a strange look twisting his face into a feverish, lustful expression, and he acted on it. He lowered himself on top of me, his chest now resting on my own, though he switched most of his body weight to be carried by his arms.

"We...really can't-" Usagi smothered my words with a sloppy kiss. His lips encased mine and his tongue had escaped into the shelter of my own mouth. It was sweet, like sugar, as his tongue flicked over my teeth. But suddenly, the kiss took a more serious turn as he began to suck on my reddened lips.

As he pulled away reluctantly, both of gulped down air by the lung full. "We shouldn't do this...someone might hear us." I nodded toward the door, where behind it, were various other doors housing the other residents.

"You'll just have to be quite," he breathed seductively into my ear, nibbling on it after he'd finished speaking.

I felt his hands delve into my jeans, unzipping them agonizingly slow. I sat up on my forearms and watched him as he sank lower toward my groin. With his help, I wiggled out of my pants, my bare legs were hit with the cold in the room like a train.

At first I didn't want to look, but my eyes seemed to unwittingly drag down to him. The thin, blue material of my boxers became uncomfortably tighter, forcing my throat to close around the lump in it. He leaned down slowly, so dammed slowly and ran his tongue over my stomach.

Usagi placed a calming hand on my hips, which bucked and squirmed from the heat swelling in my lower belly.

As his tongue dipped into my belly button, I whispered, "I love you."

An animalistic groan sounded from his throat as he pecked and licked his way down.

Pleasure suddenly erupted and surged from my pelvis, but I was too embarrassed to look down.

I closed my eyes with a quiet murmur of his name on my lips.

***

The next day I awoke with a lightness of my chest, corresponding with that in my head. My body was surrounded by heat, it radiated from all around me as if I were wrapped in a blanket. But the ease with which I could move my legs told me otherwise. My arms, however were constricted under an unknown pressure, and were pressed to me while my hands were balled in small fists.

Usagi was holding me tighter than he used to.

I wiggled a bit in his grasp, but none too forceful to rouse him. I untangled my leg from underneath one of his and turned slightly to relieve the soft ache of my side.

I buried my face into his bare chest, taking a deep breath of his unmistakably male scent. Dusty, but when combined with the lingering smell of his cologne left from last night, smelled a bit more lusty and potent. In a way it reminded me of the outdoors in late fall. Not the fall that smells of prematurely cut grass or the remains of your surrounding brought forth by a gust of wind. The fall that consists of campfires slowly cooling to heated embers of wood and fallen leaves emitting the simplest of sweetest combinations of scents I could imagine.

I considered it to be Heaven.

It wasn't all that late, when I looked outside. The sun hadn't risen over the mountains, but it threatened with its bright rays of crimson splaying the lower end of the sky like paint.

A smile pulled one corner of my lip as I allowed my eyes to close again. Today would be a stay-in-bed day. And I knew Usagi wouldn't have a problem with that.

But today wasn't now. Right now it was the time between yesterday and tomorrow, but not quite today anymore.

As the wicked and ruthless arms of sleep wrapped themselves around my being, I was lulled to sleep by my own little piece of heaven.