43 / closer

I didn't want to admit it but I was saddened by the news that Mad was gonna leave today. Her job here was already done. Even though I'd only known her for a while, she'd already made a huge impact in our lives and someday, I would have the chance to pay her back for saving my life, that's for sure. Despite her assurance that we were going to be safe from now on, still, I was holding this poisonous threat in my heart. If I was to decide, I wanted Hilary's personal bodyguard to stay with us, like forever. I'd finally considered her as our friend already, despite my irritation towards her the first time we've met. She grew on me along with her insightful advice.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drop you off at the airport?" Hilary asked Mad, hugging her tight.

As usual, Mad felt awkward at the gesture, causing me to smile endearingly at them. "You're squeezing her so hard, waltz. Let her breathe."

Hilary stepped an inch away while pouting at her bodyguard adorably. "I'm gonna miss you, Mad."

Mad raised her brow at her. "I'm not going to miss you, Hillie."

Hilary groaned, letting her go at last. "Shocks! You're still as stoic as ever. I hope you find someone who can bend your stone persona. Or else you're gonna grow old alone."

She just stared bored at her. "I'm not afraid of being alone."

I let out a chuckle. "I don't mind you being my sidekick though."

Mad gazed at me amused. "Never, you're a loser. But anyway, I have to go now. I don't want to miss my flight."

Hilary nodded with a stunning smile. "Sure, keep in touch, okay?"

Mad never even bothered to answer her as she placed her luggage in the back seat of her car that was parked in front of the gate of our apartment. Then she twirled around, looking directly at me. "Khloe."

I frowned confused as I pointed at myself. I could also feel Hilary's gaze at the two of us. "Me? Yeah?"

Mad cleared her throat, her dark eyes in hesitation. "Nothing. Just always wear that watch to keep me in your memory, if that's okay with you."

I instinctively touched the watch she had given me around my wrist. "Of course, I'll surely take care of this."

Hilary purred suspiciously. "Is there something going on between the two of you? Because seriously, you're both too sweet for my liking."

Mad scoffed at my fiancée's comment, then patted her head like a child before hopping into the car without any words. She glanced at us first, nodding her head as a farewell, and drove away, causing my eyes to drop in sadness. Hilary reached for my hand and squeezed it warmly. I stared up to her and gave her a small smile in which she returned with a compassionate one.

"I know, Klo. She saved your life and I couldn't be happier that Dad hired her to protect me- to protect us. And besides, she's really an attractive woman and I can't really blame you if you've fallen for her already. She's a good catch, Klo. I will understand if you think you'll be happy with her. I'll gladly let you go."

W-Wait? Was she serious right now? Did she really think I'd fallen for Mad when she was all I ever think about?

I looked at Hilary dumfounded. Nope! I knew that she was lying and just messing with me. She fücking wouldn't let me go or else, I'd be swimming in the magma of Hilary's version of hell. But to went along with her antics, I hugged her tight, resting my chin on her shoulder, and produced a set of fake sobs.

"Oh my gosh, Hilary! You don't know how much you make me happy for letting me go," I said, intentionally saying her name which I rarely do since we got together.