41 / closer

"Hey, you're still staring at your portrait? You love it that much, huh?" Hilary questioned, hugging me from behind. She gently swayed our bodies together side by side, toning the atmosphere into the essence of sweetness.

With an unbreaking smile, I eagerly nodded. We were standing in my study room and I'd been gawking at the painting of mine since I came home from my last class of the day. It astounded me to the core that someone painted me for the first time.

This work of art that Hilary had given me for my birthday was the best thing I'd ever receive as a present in my whole life. Aside from the fact that it was from perfect her, I was also overwhelmed by the smudges of bright acrylic dyes covering the grudges area underneath my whole feature. It was an absolute abstract of my face tinted with sophistication and beyond.

"I love it so much. I can't stop staring at it every time I come here," I said, beaming happily.

Hilary giggled, kissing me on my shoulder. "I'm glad you do because that's just the start of the gallery I'm planning to work at after my art tribute for Cassie."

I hummed, turning around and held her on her waist. "I'm sure you'll do great. Speaking of, how's your painting business going, Toes?"

Hilary averted her eyes in thoughts. "I'm starting my first artwork. They're mostly abstract and don't go into details so it won't be time-consuming. Arisa's connection is helping me to find bidders. How about you? How's your digital art going?"

"I might start freelancing but I'll surely focus more on my study," I answered while stroking her lower back soothingly.

She raised her hands and cupped my face, her gaze locked with mine warmly. "You don't have to work yourself out for now. You need to relax and calm your mind at this moment. Give yourself a time to heal. Don't worry, I'll take care of the rest in a meantime."

I smiled at her kindness. "It's fine, Toes. We're in this together, remember? Besides, I promised your father to take care of you. What would he say to me if he finds out that you're the one paying for our necessities? I'm sure he'll annihilate me."

Hilary sighed. "Don't mind him."

"Toes, hear me, okay? I still have my trust fund and Dad loaded it with a huge sum of cash. I know that I shouldn't take advantage of it but I swear to give all those back once I get a job, then transfer it to my Mom's account," I said, giving her a candid smile.

Hilary pouted in defeat and I kissed it away, pressing my lips hard on hers. She moaned at the contact and eventually, it turned to ragged and avid kisses of our desires. My hand moved down on her butt and groped it lavishly while Hilary pulled my face closer to press our lips impossibly firm more than they already were. The dance of our lips stole our breath into fiery suffocation— highlighting our hunger for each other.

However, the sound of the doorbell interrupted us. As I pulled away, I heard Hilary grunted in disapproval and she was now glaring at me sharply.

"I have to go answer—"

"Why don't you just tell him to just find another partner and fùck off?"

"Toes, we've already talked about this."

Hilary let me go, sighing. "Fine! I'll be in my art studio. And I have eyes, Klo," she said, referring to the CCTV we had all over the apartment.

I shook my head chuckling and ogled at her legs as she walked out. When the bell rang again, I quickly stormed out to open the gate for Xander. He smiled timidly at me as I stepped back, giving him a space to enter. Once I closed the gate, I stood behind it and stared at him anxiously.