{1} The beginning

Hello ^^ this is my first fanfic, so go easy on me for any grammar mistakes or typos <3

For clarity's sake, this is Error talking and this is Nightmare talking, I hope it's easy to tell who's speaking when, but if it isn't please point it out and I'll try to figure out an easier way <3

Killer's POV
You know, it's almost always the same everyday in this damned place. I get up, I eat, Nightmare gets pissy for no reason and sends us on missions to destroy shit and cause chaos.. you know, the usual. Today would be different, though. Error's coming over, which wouldn't exactly be an issue or like a game-changing event, but he apparently had something special to give to Nightmare.

That's literally all he said. He didn't mention what it was, he didn't mention whether it was an item or a Soul or a human or anything, he only specified that it was a 'special item'. Of course, Cross and I got curious about what the Hell would prompt Error to willingly come over so we tried to press for more information.. we got nothing. Now, though, standing in the throne room of the castle with everyone, I was just more confused.

"It's a strength potion, it locks onto your Soul and-"

"-and it finds out what makes you stronger and amplifies it, I know how a strength potion works. You came here to literally just give me that?"

"...Yeah, but you're wrong about one part of that."

"Oh? How, pray tell, am I wrong?"

By now, there was some obvious tension in the air with Nightmare and Error. I could understand Nightmare's barely hidden frustration completely, a strength potion? He hyped it up and refused to tell us what it was.. when it was one of the most common items in the Multiverse?

"It'd be no fun if I told you that, would it? Anyway-"

Error lifted the potion with his strings and launched it at Nightmare, who easily caught it.

"-aww..."

"Were you expecting me not to catch it?"

"Sort of. I was expecting you to catch it and launch it back at me. Anyway, throw it onto yourself."

"I'd rather not, thanks for the offer though. If you want to make it seem like you aren't up to something you should at least be a little sneaky."

Up until this point, everything had been pretty normal between everyone. Silence from everyone except Nightmare and Error, high tensions, teasing coming from both sides.. but then Error just seemed to let go of everything that had happened. That mischievous grin on his face.. his so-called gift was a useless potion, it was now in Nightmare's hands which meant he couldn't do a single thing with it.. so why was he grinning?

It was at that moment I noticed a glitchy portal above Nightmare's head, and a potion falling out of it, directly onto Nightmare's head. It landed, and smashed all over the floor, as clouds of purple smoke filled the room. I felt a slight tug at my wrist and managed to look down to see a blue string. Before I was able to move away, I felt myself being yanked towards the source of the problem; Error.

"You'll be fine, it should only affect Nightmare and his.. gooey stuff all over his body that doesn't actually have a name."

I didn't bother trying to reply, knowing all I'd be able to get out is a few coughs because of the smoke. Eventually, after a long while, the smoke dissipated to reveal that along with Error, I was also surrounded by Horror, Dust, and Cross. At least he had some type of decency.. Nightmare on the other hand looked like he had all the decency taken out from him. He was on his knees, shaking slightly with his hand resting on his mouth.