-finale (part one)

SEVEN MONTHS LATER...

THE LIVE audience cheered as jack was welcomed to the stage, all craning their necks to get a look at the now blond man

he flashed a smile at them, making his way to the hot seat, sitting down in front of chris. "jack avery!" the man smiled, reaching forward to pat him on the shoulder.

"what's up?" he fixed his hair, getting comfortable on the small sofa.

"what a whirlwind this has all been for you, my friend," the older man shook his head, blue eyes twinkling. "how are you?"

"i'm not gonna lie to you man," jack sighed. "i'm not great."

chris nodded, "you and emma didn't last for too long after your proposal. why is that?"

the blond paused to think for a moment. "what we wanted wasn't the same. our futures didn't really align, and i blame myself for not getting to know her during the chances i had, because maybe i could have made a different choice. we jumped in too fast, and quickly realized that we weren't compatible. i still have all the love for her though, emma is the best."

"so you two are friends?" chris raised his eyebrows.

"yes, definitely. close friends, but nothing more," jack nodded.

"talk to me about your experience on the show," the older man pressed, "what were the things you felt that you did right?"

jack thought about his answer. "i think i did a good job at trying to keep things equal, give everyone a chance to know me. i was able to see who was most compatible with me. some people i clicked with, others i just didn't."

"you said that the girl you ended up choosing wasn't really compatible with you, though. is there another decision you want to turn back time to go make?"

jack looked the man directly in the eyes. "yes."

the audience was silent, not wanting to interrupt anything. they were all slightly shocked at the blond's answer, and everyone knew exactly what decision he was talking about.

"well jack," the host smiled, trying to get rid of the awkward tension, "luckily for you, we have all your ex girlfriends as well as your ex fiancee here. shall we bring them out?"

"oh god," jack blushed, ducking his head. "sure, i'm as ready as i'll ever be."

a flood of bright colours suddenly emerged from backstage, and the girls giggled as they made their way to the stools positioned on the side of the stage. olivia stared daggers at the blond, and if looks could kill, he would be buried six feet under. jack's eyes avoided hers, looking for zach, and his eyebrows furrowed when he didn't see the small boy among the others.

"unfortunately, zach is unable to join us in person at this time. he's currently at his home in dallas, and a health condition is preventing him from travelling. he'll be joining us very soon via zoom call."