-chapter seventeen

THE SALTY, cool air on the west coast of ireland overpowered zach's senses

THE SALTY, cool air on the west coast of ireland overpowered zach's senses. he breathed in the fresh air as the crew stepped out of their helicopter. they had flown to the island in the small aircraft, the other girls all giggling and arguing through zach's headphones as he peacefully looked out the window.

emma smiled from beside the brunet as she caught jack staring at him. she knew something between the two boys had switched ever since their one-on-one, and the thought of her small brunet friend finding happiness with jack made the tall girl's heart flutter.

the crew was staying in a small town called lahinch, located on the central west side of ireland. it was their last stop in europe before the hometown visits would start. jack would go home with each contestant, and then they would all go to meet his family (each person on a different day, obviously).

to say jack was nervous would be an understatement. at the rose ceremony later the next day, he had to send home one person. this would leave him with four sets of parents to meet, and four partners to introduce to his own parents.

he sighed and raised his head to call out his last one-on-one date. "emma, want to come rescue some baby seals with me?"

jack barely thought of zach once that day.

the couple sat down at a small cafe for dinner, after a few hours of playing and helping with the newly rescued baby seals. the conversation between them flowed easily; jack wondered why he hadn't taken emma on a one-on-one sooner. once she came out of her shell, she was hilarious and an easy person to have a conversation with.

the whole time she was there, emma couldn't help but think about how zach was doing. she almost felt like she was intruding on their relationship; a mistress, if you will. being with jack to her did not feel right at all. she felt as though she was betraying her friend, the man who loved jack. actually loved him. the two had such an intense connection that emma was envious.

of course, she would never look for that type of connection with jack. it was clear that he only had eyes for zach, which emma supported all the way.

jack, on the other hand, was not thinking about zach while he was on the date. he found it nice to have a little change, someone different. he obviously loved zach, but he wanted to explore his options. after all, that's what the show was about, right?

and explore his options he would.

"thank you for today, jack. it was a lot of fun," emma smiled, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"the day isn't over yet, darling," jack smiled at her. "what do you say we go back to the hotel? have some time alone?"

emma's green orbs widened. could she pass up that offer? jack would send her home, zach would have nobody here. zach needed someone here.

maybe she could just go with him and take a nap there.

yes, that's what she would do.

"sure," the girl nodded, letting the taller boy take her hand and guide her.

they reached the hotel just as the sun was setting, and jack unlocked the room.

eventually, the couple got the camera crew to leave, and jack connected his lips to emma's soft ones. an immediate rush of emotion. that's what jack felt.

emma felt nothing. zach, a voice repeated in her mind. zach, zach, zach, zach. it was a mantra. she couldn't do this to him.

so when jack's hands travelled below her waist, she pulled away and made up an excuse. "i don't think i want to do this."

so they went to bed. jack took one last look at her before he closed his eyes, and smiled as he drifted of.

jack barely thought of zach once that day.

and back at the house on the coast, zach felt his heart sink when neither emma nor jack came back home that night. he sighed as he rolled over onto his back. it hurt him to sleep on his stomach, he didn't know why.

he wanted jack.

jack was all zach thought about that day.

hi yesum,,i'm sorry??this was a lil sad but don't you worry, next chapter will be better 🥺i just needed a chapter where jack kinda realizes that this is the show he signed up for, and that it would be unfair to not give everyone an equal chance i...

hi yes
um,,i'm sorry??
this was a lil sad but don't you worry, next chapter will be better 🥺
i just needed a chapter where jack kinda realizes that this is the show he signed up for, and that it would be unfair to not give everyone an equal chance i guess
if you still liked it please vote and comment :)
i love you sm, have the most amazing day/night<33