-chapter twelve

EVERYONE ARRIVED in berlin by train early in the morning

EVERYONE ARRIVED in berlin by train early in the morning. it was the third stop in the europe tour, and each contestant was buzzing with excitement.

"marissa!" jack called, smiling when he spotted her, "what do you say you and i go out tonight?"

she giggled and nodded, permitting him to kiss her hand. "i'll see you later, handsome."

zach stared at the pair, not totally realizing he was doing so. olivia sighed when she saw what was happening, and grabbed onto the younger's arm, pulling him along with her.

"liv," the brunet whined, "your nails hurt."

"deal with it," the short blonde rolled her eyes.

jack smoothed his suit as he stepped out of the limousine, holding the door open for his date. marissa giggled and thanked him with a kiss on his cheeks.

he imagined zach in her place.

he smiled. genuinely.

"shall we?"

"we shall."

he sat across from her at dinner, eyes trained on her deep brown locks of hair. like zach's if his hair were as long as hers.

she blabbed on about some nonsense he didn't care about. he missed having conversations with zach.

zach was real. he talked about his actual opinions on actual issues.

not about if his dress clashed with his skin undertone...what the hell did that even mean?

he tried to enjoy himself with marissa. she seemed like a decent enough girl. a little narcissistic, but bearable.

and still, he found himself wanting to be on this date with the short brunet boy.

he sighed, taking a gulp of his beer while marissa rambled on.

zach wiggled under the covers, trying to get comfortable. the day had been fairly boring, he finished his book and began reading the sequel that followed it, which he was already completely absorbed in.

he huffed as he thought of jack on his date with marissa. he knew jack had a kind of thing for her, but he didn't completely know why. she wasn't much different to any of the other girls.

the door to his room opening startled him, and a figure stood in the doorway.

zach squinted. "jack?"

a sigh. "yeah, can i stay here tonight?"

the short boy stood up and walked over to him. he was still dressed for his date. "you're lucky i love wearing oversized clothes."

jack laughed lightly, allowing the brunet to pull him towards his suitcase. the boy pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and an oversized white t-shirt, handing the articles of clothing to the curly-haired boy.

"thanks," jack smiled, beginning to take off his suit. zach blushed, rushing over to the bed and avoiding all eye contact with the older.

jack scoffed playfully. "nerd."

"hey!" zach whined, his cheeks flushing an even deeper red.

zach listened to the beating of jack's heart, trying to sync the boy's breathing with his own. the elder, meanwhile, ran the pads of his fingers over the brunet's smooth curves. they had been silent for a long while, and zach could swear the older had already drifted off.

"i sent her home, you know."

zach's head snapped up to meed jack's own. "what the hell, why? she was one of the best candidates on the whole show."

jack shook his head. "no...the whole date, i couldn't focus on a single word she was saying. i realized that i didn't even want to be there with her."

"but why? the date wasn't fun?"

"of course it was, the dates are always fun. but..."

"but what?" zach giggled at the word but.

"I couldn't stop imagining you in her place," he breathed out, and the younger boy's face turned serious.

"me? why?"

"i dunno, i just love the way i feel when i'm around you. you're, like, real. we can have amazing conversations with each other. i can actually talk to you, and i feel like i can't do that with anyone else here."

zach smiled, wrapping his arms around the boy's neck. "you're cheesy, you know that?"

"bully," jack wrapped his arms around zach's middle, turning onto his back to that the younger was fully lying on top of him, resting between his legs.

"hey, i never said it was a bad thing," zach grinned as the curly-haired boy kissed his forehead.

"we should sleep, we have a busy day tomorrow."

"what's tomorrow?" zach was curious.

"we have one more day in berlin, and then we move on to our next destination."

"what's our next destination?"

jack smirked. "paris, baby."

hi

hi. omg. fallin' is so good. and the MUSIC VIDEO. i fangirled so hard watching it for the first time (liv can confirm).
this chapter was a lil short but also very important >:)
also u got ur dose of fluff ftd :p
i hope you guys liked this chapter, if u did pls vote and comment<33
have the best night mwah ilysm :)