-chapter nineteen

ZACH FELT empty when his plane landed in dallas

ZACH FELT empty when his plane landed in dallas. of course, he was extremely happy to be going home and seeing his family (as he had missed them dearly), however this would be the first time he would be apart from jack for more than a day in weeks.

the brunet sighed as he made his way through the airport in search of his family. he wasn't fond of his dependence on jack. each day, he had to remind himself that this may be all temporary; that after these few more weeks, he may never see the curly haired boy again.

he gasped as a small human attached themselves to his leg. the small boy smiled softly at the figure. "hi reese, how are you baby?"

"i missed you so much zach!" the little girl exclaimed, bouncing up and down excitedly. "you were gone for too long."

zach pouted slightly as he looked down at his sister. "i know, i missed you so much."

the girl grabbed his hand, and they started walking back towards the rest of his family. "so, how has it been so far? is he everything you hoped for?"

"oh my god, reese, he's so perfect," the boy giggled.

the two quickly reached the herron family, and they all pulled the brunet in for a huge group hug.

"we missed you so much!"

zach smiled. "i missed you guys the most."

actually, it was nice to be home.

zach's routine, as he waited for jack's visit, was: get up at noon. lounge with his family all day. eat a whole bunch of food that he didn't need. go to bed longing for jack to hold him. repeat.

the poor brunet was feeling under the weather, most likely from all the junk food he had been eating. luckily for him, and everyone else in the house, he didn't have to mope around anymore. the three days set for jack to spend in miami had passed, and at that moment, he was on the plane, travelling to see zach.

the small boy was bouncing around his childhood home, fixing small details, making sure everything was perfect for jack.

his family watched, amused, as he dusted the coffee table for the fifth time that day.

"zach, baby, i think it's clean," myta spoke, nearly worried for the boy's sanity.

zach sighed. "you're right momma, i just want it to be perfect."

"don't worry half pint, everything will be perfect," josh smiled at him, rubbing his back lightly.

the sound of the doorbell rang through the home, and zach froze, eyes wide, as reese and ryan raced to see who could open the door first.

the boy looked at both of his parents. "please be nice," he pleaded, "i want this to go really well, i care about him so much."

his parents responded with reassuring smiles as two excited herron children pulled a very happy jack into the living room. zach was surprised at the lack of camera crew following the young bachelor.

the boy squealed lightly, rushing over to jack and engulfing him in a hug. he laughed, pulling the small boy close to him and kissing the crown of his head.

"hi, i'm jack avery," he smiled at zach's parents once the boy let go of him, "it's so nice to finally meet you."

zach's parents beamed at the curly haired boy, knowing all too well what the twinkles in both of their eyes represented.

"you too, jack," myta smiled at him radiantly, "poor zach has been so sad without you here."

josh nodded in agreement as the brunet blushed and groaned, wanting to get out of the conversation as quickly as possible. "okay, i'm gonna take jack to my room so he can unpack."

he grabbed the taller boy's hand and began pulling him up the stairs.

"don't be too long, zach," josh called after them, "dinner will be ready soon, and we want to get to know this boy."

"'kay," zach called back as he pushed open his door. he pulled the older boy inside and then kicked the door closed, wrapping his arms around jack's neck and pulling him into a passionate kiss.

"i'm so glad you're finally here with me," he smiled.

jack returned the smile easily. "i can't wait to spend the next few days with you."

i feel like this was a lil short but das okay bc it's cute:)icarved a pumpkin yesterday (more like 2 i guess) and i kinda like how they turned out but i also kinda hate my witch 😀

icarved a pumpkin yesterday (more like 2 i guess) and i kinda like how they turned out but i also kinda hate my witch 😀

i feel like this was a lil short but das okay bc it's cute:)icarved a pumpkin yesterday (more like 2 i guess) and i kinda like how they turned out but i also kinda hate my witch 😀

vote and comment for my dads house tho bc he kinda killed it
k i gtg study for my test tomorrow oh and read jayda's chapter bc she updated buttttt
ily have an amazing day/night 🥺💘