-prologue

**the setup of the show in this book will be slightly different than the real thing

**the setup of the show in this book will be slightly different than the real thing. jack will have friends staying in a house with him and travelling with him while the girls and zach are in a separate house:) if you don't understand or care, just keep reading and it'll make sense**

ZACH HERRON sat nervously on his bed, an application form opened up in front of him on his laptop. was he really about to do this?

after being a bachelor fan for many years, he was ecstatic to find out that jack avery, a finalist from gabriela gonzalez's season, would be this years bachelor. ecstatic because first of all, he was a totally sweet guy looking for love, and second of all, he was completely and utterly hot.

and zach had fallen in love at first sight when he stepped out of the limo on that first night, making his bachelor nation debut.

zach quickly realized he was daydreaming and snapped out of his daze, focussing back on the screen in front of him. doubt quickly clouded his mind.

don't be ridiculous, they would never choose a 19 year old boy to be a contestant on the bachelor.

well what if jack bats for both teams?

he doesn't. he's the bachelor! a guy who gets to date like a million women at one time.

but what if he falls in love with you?

yeah, right.

before zach could convince himself otherwise, he pressed send, and his application was no longer in his hands.

"jack," a voice called out. jack avery rolled his eyes, knowing it was his manager. the young woman walked in the room, and ipad clutched in her perfectly manicured hands.

"yes, aspen? what is it?" the young entrepreneur asked, sounding bored.

"as you know, we've been accepting applications for when you go on the bachelor," the woman began, and jack nodded, motioning her to continue. "well, we have a particularly..interesting application."

this got jack's attention. "yeah? who is she?"

"well," the young woman tried not to stutter, "it's actually a boy."

jack finally looked at the woman. "a boy?" he raised his right eyebrow.

aspen nodded. "do you know how much coverage and attention this could get? the first bisexual bachelor and the first same-sex couple on the show," his manager tried to convince him.

"but i'm not bisexual," the boy argued back. his manager gave him a skeptical look. "i'm not!"

"well can't you just pretend? he's actually really cute," the girl argued back, knowing her client wasn't totally comfortable with himself yet. he needed time.