-chapter one

ZACH TOOK a deep breath as he smoothed out his dress shirt, nervous for what was to come

ZACH TOOK a deep breath as he smoothed out his dress shirt, nervous for what was to come. he smiled as he saw the slightly chipped nail polish that covered his nails, which reese insisted on painting so he was 'extra pretty for jack.' tonight was the greeting night and first cocktail party, where he would meet jack, as well as the other girls, for the first time. a night with 24 other women fighting for the same guy he was trying to get to know was not an ideal situation. however, zach reminded himself that he was lucky to get this opportunity, to even be here in the first place. he grabbed his skateboard, checking himself out one last time in the mirror. he then headed down to hair and makeup, where the artists would make sure he looked presentable enough for international television. as he sat down in his designated chair, he could feel the stares of all the other contestants that were in the room, judging him. he knew they would be whispering and gossiping about him being a boy all night long.

"hello, darling," a flamboyant man with bleached blond hair smiled at him as he snapped back to reality. "my name is cole, and i'll be your personal hair and makeup artist while you're here. not that you need it too much," the man winked at him, making zach's cheeks heat up a bit.

"i'm zach, it's nice to meet you," he croaked out, throat dry from all the nerves. cole handed him a glass of water, letting him quench his thirst. zach thanked him and set the glass back on the table in front of him, turning his attention back to cole. "sorry, i'm extremely nervous."

cole laughed and nodded, before replying, "i can see why, the bachelor is hot this season." zach nodded. "so zach, how comfortable are you with wearing makeup?" the peppy boy asked, bringing out a large case of something.

zach only shrugged, "i've never really experimented with it before."

cold nodded. "i wanna try something, i promise you'll love it."

"okay, be my guest. my face is yours," zach giggles, tilting his face up so cole could work with it.

"all i'm going to try is adding a little mascara and some concealer. you have beautiful skin, the concealer is only to hide any tiny imperfections. i think you'll look amazing," the blond boy explained. zach let him do his thing. "so zach, how are you planning to make your entrance tonight? you'll be the first male contestant on the bachelor, so you have to make a splash," cole began working some concealer onto his under eye bags.

"jack loves to skate, and luckily so do i, so i'm just going to ride in on my skateboard. i also have a little panda bear plushie for him, because i love pandas," zach explained with a small smile on his face.

cole smiled as he added a small amount of mascara to the boy's lashes, "that's so cute! i bet he'll love it all."

"i hope so..." zach stated, "i want to make a good impression so he'll remember me." cole began to touch up his hair, moving some strands around. once he was content, he spun zach's chair around to face the mirror.

"please. looking like this, he'll never forget you," cole winked at him.

zach stared at himself in the mirror. he didn't know he could pull something this outrageous off. the concealer and mascara made his eyes pop and his skin looked flawless. "wow, you made me look half decent," zach joked, "thank you."

"please, you know you're beautiful," cole smiled at him in the mirror. "okay, they should be calling people to go soon, and you're going to be one of the last people to enter, because having a boy on this show is outrageous and needs to be dramatized," cole rolled his eyes.

zach bit his lip and nodded, as a familiar sensation washed over him. he felt hands on his shoulders, and looked up at cole. "zach, you're going to be great. just be yourself, because from what i can tell, you are absolutely one of a kind. he'll love you."

zach nodded, and took a deep breath. "thank you, i can tell we're going to be good friends," he smiled and stood up to hug the taller boy.

"please, i'll be the best friend you've ever had," cole joked, wrapping his arms around zach's smaller frame.

"zachary, you're up," a guy wearing a headset walked into the room with a clipboard, and zach nodded as he walked towards him.

"zach!" he turned around to see cole holding his skateboard out to him. "chill, you're going to be just fine."

zach nodded before following headset guy out to a limo. he was never going to get used to this.

after a short ten minute ride, they pulled up to the outside gates of an enormous mansion. he took a deep breath and thanked the driver, who opened the door for him. the elderly man gave him a smile, before wishing him luck and driving away.

a woman wearing a headset greeted him and told him to wait for her signal. since he was the last person to be introduced to the bachelor, he had a slightly longer period of time with him.

when headset lady gave him a thumbs up, he set his skateboard down and made sure he had his panda. he pushed off and focussed on staying calm, so he could control his board and not trip up.

he giggled slightly to himself as he was the man of the hour, jack avery, in all his beautiful glory. he stopped his board in front of the slightly taller boy, kicking it up and into his hand. "hi, i'm zach."

i finally figured my life out:) this book will be updated on thursdays and sundays!if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote&comment okay i love u mwah<333

if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote&comment okay i love u mwah<333